Chapter 4

This chapter is dedicated to my good friend BlueNotebookWriter because she's super nice and supportive, not to mention how AWESOME her stories are! You should all go check them out; you won't regret it! ^.^

Enjoy! ^.^

Video on the side is of 'Playful Kiss'! :D

-------------------

"What?" I asked.

"You heard me," Bryce said. "We're the only ones in this house."

"Okay," I said confused. "Well I guess I'm going to go get a shower then?"

Nervously, I stumbled out of the bedroom and rushed to the bathroom. As I opened the door, I could hear Bryce letting out a small laugh.

Was he teasing me on purpose for his own personal enjoyment? Is that what he took me as? His play-toy?

Sighing and shaking my head, I turned the water on, got undressed, and then hopped in. The warm water ran through my hair and down my body. My muscles relaxed and my thoughts began to wander about school, life, and the dream I'd had last night featuring the one and only Mr. Bryce Hart. Go figure.

About twenty minutes later, I was out of the shower, back in my room, and dressed in a tank top and sweats. With my soaked brown locks, I stepped out of the room, looked around, and then made my way to the kitchen.

The smell of bacon filled my nose and I breathed in the scent, my mouth watering.

"I take it you're hungry?" Bryce asked. My heart jumped at the sight of him stacking two plates with eggs, toast, grits, and bacon.

He could cook?

"Um, yeah," I said, sitting on one of the stools in front of the counter. A few second later and I was digging into the delicious food. While stuffing my mouth, I felt someone's gaze on me. Lifting my eyes, I almost choked when I realized Bryce was staring.

An awkward silence fell upon us, and when I couldn't take it anymore, I stood, getting ready to leave.

"Wait," he called out. Slowly, I turned back around to face him.

"What is it?"

"Why do you like me?" It grew silent again. His face was still blank and honestly, I didn't understand how he could ask that question so bluntly.

"I don't," I said, looking down. "Not anymore."

"Then why did you?" he asked.

"J-just because," I stuttered, my cheeks heating up.

"That isn't an answer."

"What do you want me to say?"

He shrugged. "The truth."

This was beyond awkward. Here Bryce was, standing right in front of me and asking why I had feelings for him. There was a reason I confessed through a letter.

"Are you asking because you seriously don't know? Or are you just trying to mess with me?"

"Tell me," he stated, his voice not holding the cold edge it usually did.

"I don't know, you're really smart and uh, good looking," I began awkwardly. "You're independent and act like you know what you want, while I don't have a clue. I guess you were just someone who I could look up to."

Silence fell upon the room once more, and as Bryce noticeably stared at me, I tried to avoid his curious gaze.

Seconds passed and the awkwardness began to drive me crazy. Why couldn't he just say something already? He should have the magical words to break this agonizing discomfort. He opened his mouth to speak and I prepared myself for whatever brilliance was about to come out.