Disclaimer and Prologue

Author's Note - NONE OF THE CHARACTERS ARE MINE they belong to their creator John Flanagan. Only the plot is mine. 

~Enjoy Redmount8

Prologue

The Ranger's Halt and Will Treaty rode along the well worn path talking quietly to each other. Although they were on their way home, they remained alert, constently checking to see if the horse's had sensed anything. 

The horse's never noticed the small figure hidden by the stream as they passed by. This was largely due to the fact that the figure was careful to remain downwind of the horses.

The taller Ranger suddenly called out startling the figure "Gilan, You know we can see you right?"

reluctantly the figure moved from his spot and dusted himself off. "You're no fun you know that right Halt?"

"So I've been told, now stop lurking in the shadows already."

Mounting his horse he hurried to catch up, a broad grin clearly visable on his face. 

As the Ranger's disappeared the lone figure emerged from their vantage point in the tree. "Your  time will come my friend when you regret everything you have done." The figure breathed, then feeling a wolfish grin form on his face. It was time to report back to his leader, then the fun could really begin. "Revenge is sweet."