March 9- Math Class

The first two sessions and a 20 minute recess went by quickly, and before I knew it, it was already Math class.

Almost everyone in my class dreaded it because it was the day when our Math teacher, Mr. Abby, returned the Math Quarter Exam. I wasn't too excited for Math class even though it was my favorite class because I was not really anticipating anything since I didn't take the Math exam. I was exempted for it!

Expecting to do nothing, I asked Natalie if I could see her paper when Sir returned it to her, knowing that she's not that grade-conscious compared to other students. I would have asked Wendy, my friend, but before I could ask her, she told me not to ask her her grade because she knew that it was low.

My classmates and I went in our classroom when we saw Sir Abby. We took our respective seats and greeted, "Good Morning Sir Abby!" as our Math teacher walked in our classroom. The prayer leader prayed, and then, everyone (except those who were exempted for the test) had their backs straight, waiting for the papers to be given to them.

" Only one got 46. Everyone else got 44 and below," Sir Abby said, and our eyes widened. The test was over 50 so that meant that almost everyone who took the test got a pretty low score. Well, in my opinion.

One by one, Sir gave the papers. I watched as I saw some of my classmates become disappointed after seeing their score. Natalie failed, but she was used to it. I tried to help her and our goal was to help her pass a test because she failed most of it.

Natalie immediately gave me her paper once she had it, and I scanned the test. If I were to answer it, I would probably get a few mistakes or more due to carelessness. In that moment, I felt happy that I didn't have to take the test because I could not risk my Math grades getting lower due to this.

We spent the quorum of the class discussing the Math Exam. Sir explained each problem, writing the solution on the board. In the end, our blackboard was filled with Math equations.

15 minutes before class ended— we were already done discussing what was on the exam and Sir was about to discuss a new lesson on imaginary numbers, everyone saw Edmund, my brother of my classmate Ronald, with his friends. If I were not mistaken, their names were Ryan, Jordan, and Liam. Ronald asked Sir Abby if he could talk to his brother. Sir permitted him and he went outside.

A few moments later, Ronald came back with a joyful smile. "Classes are suspended daw," he announced to the whole class, and almost instantly, everyone brought out their iPads. By the way, did I mention that our school incorporated e-learning? That means, we're allowed to use our iPad in school since it is used for learning purposes.

Back to the story, we checked the news, and there we saw it! Classes were suspended in Quezon City. Almost everyone rejoiced since that meant that school would only be half-day. Sir Abby was also happy because he gave the rest of his class for free time.