capítulo tres

Next day•

I woke up with a slight headache due to the fact I went to sleep after 3 am and had to wake up at 7 am. Had I drank alcohol, it would have been a whole different story; this is why we don't drink people.

"Mel, baby! Are you awake? You're going to be late" I heard my mom knocking on my door.

"Yeah, mom. Gimme a sec to get ready I'll eat breakfast in the car" I replied rolling out of my bed literally "And painkillers please" I slowly walked to my bathroom.

At school•

I walked into school, sluggish. Exhausted from no sleep and hustling to get to school. I saw Rebe by her locker, and mine was next to hers.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, princess. How'd you sleep?" Rebe asked. "Am I going to have a new nickname every day?" I asked, making a face. "Eh or until I think of a better one" she replied shrugging.

"Understood. May I escort you to class?" I asked. "I'd like that" Rebe smirked. We arrived in class, she sat by Samuel, and I sat next to Ander.

"Let's go back to yesterday's subject. Open your books to page 104, please." the teacher explained to us.

"Excuse me one second," Azucena said, walking to the teacher. Ander glanced at me. Did something happen? "Your classmate Christian....had a motorbike accident last night" she clasped her hands together looking sad.

"What kind of accident?" Samuel asked.

"It seems that he had been drinking and he hit another vehicle. The car fled from the scene."

Omg is he dead? I don't remember seeing him at all last night.

"Did they say how he's doing?" Ander asked. "Only that he's in critical condition. He's been in surgery all night." I heard Samuel's pencil snap behind me.

Lunchtime•

"Guess it's just us today," Rebe said, sitting in the chair opposite to me. "What's up with the others?" I took out my lunch.

"They went to check on Christian" she took her's out also "Thank God he's not dead" I twirled the spaghetti onto my fork "Then it would have been two murders in their perfect lives" she laughed.

"Do you want to come over after school?" I asked "Sure. Mansion overlooking the lake?" She bit her sandwich "Nah. Penthouse overlooking the city" I gave a smug look.

We both laughed together, continuing to enjoy our meals.

After school•

"Hey, Mel!" I stopped walking and let her catch up to me "I can't come over again. Samuel wants help with something" I nodded my head understandingly "That's cool. Raincheck?" "Raincheck" she hugged me and kissed my cheek. I did the same.

I heard my phone, ping. It's an unknown number
Unknown Number-Melanie. It's Louis I got a new number we need to talk-

Wtf why is he texting me, I noticed I had other texts-one from my brother.

Junior -Melly if you hear from Nicolas tell dad something is going on with him do not get involved!-

Is this why my dad asked if I talked to my brothers recently yesterday? Does this have to do with the death?

"Mel! Hunny are you okay?" I heard a voice yell. I looked up and saw my mom get out of her car and sprint towards me quickly. "What's wrong? I've been waiting for five minutes" she walked me to the car.