capítulo siete

Samuel ran outside to hold back Nano as Guzmán made his way out. Polo got up to help Valerio, and Ander holds him back from hurting Nano. Everyone in the class got up and ran outside, so I got up too.

"Guzmán!" I heard Lu yell.

"Guzmán, your sister was the most important person in my life. For real, we were going to have a kid together!" Wait, is he the one that killed Marina? "I would've never hurt her! Ever!" I watched the three guys struggle to hold him back.

"Shut up!" Guzmán yelled. "I know it's easy to blame me but worry about your so-called friends. They are laughing at you!"

What is Nano talking about?

"Shut up! Shut up!" Guzmán yelled repeatedly.

"Let's go, for fuck's sake! Move!" Samuel shouted at his brother.

"Nano! Nano! If you come anywhere near them or me again, I'll kill you!" Guzmán threatened him.

What the fuck is going on, seriously. We returned to class shortly after, and the principal came in and started talking to us when Samuel walked in.

"Shouldn't there be a restraining order against him?" Cayetana asked, "Shouldn't there be one against you?" I asked. She looked at me in shock and made a face. "God! He just came here to tell you a few home truths. You need to hear them every now and then. He didn't slash anyone up," Rebe said nonchalantly.

"The thugs look out for one other. Why not give him a slap on the back?" Lu asked. "You could do with a good slap", Rebe announced, and I chuckled. "Showing your vulgarity doesn't make you right," Cayetana butted in. "What did you say, blondie? I didn't hear you well" Rebe stared her down.

"Pretending to have money and being a snob doesn't make you any less of a bitch", I smiled sweetly. God, I didn't know what took over me, but she just pisses me off. "Well, at least we know now who pretends and who doesn't. Your bag cost ten dollars. You can't talk about being rich." She smirked.

Wait, is she serious right now? Does she really not know who I am? I'm humble and don't brag but really?

"Caye darling, don't. She's very wealthy," Lu told her softly. She raised her arms playfully and turned around. "All right, that's enough! Sit down!" Azucena instructed. I'm more determined now than ever to find out who she really is.

Later on

I was on my way to the cafeteria to meet Polo when I saw Carla kiss Samuel. I waited till she left to approach him. "Ah, look at this. Are you guys together?" I asked, sitting next to him. "No. Just friends" my phone went off.

-Hey, guys, you're all invited to a party at Rebeka's!-

"What's this about?" I showed my phone to Samuel. "I have no idea. Are you and Polo friends?" He asked. "Yeah, we are. Why?" I glanced at him. "No reason. They usually give newbies a hard time, but I guess it's different for you," he shrugged.
  "I have an effect on people. They naturally migrate to me," I pulled him in for a hug. He smiled and hugged me back. "I can tell." I pulled away and got up. "I have to meet Polo for lunch. See you later, Samu," I dusted off my uniform. "Bye, Mel."

I walked in and sat next to Polo. "Hi"

"Hey."

Guzmán banged against the vending machine, startling everyone we stared at him. "Does throwing a party right after a murderer has threatened us all seem normal to you?" Carla asked. Is she referring to Guzmán because I didn't hear anyone else make any threats.

"You're going to stop living your life because of that?" Guzmán asked. Precisely that's insane. "We are going to that party."

"Love. Really? Do you want to go back to your old house? I don't know. I think it's really creepy." Lucrecia said, making a face. He banged the vending machine again. "We are all going. We'll have a great fucking time, and if Nano comes near anyone, I'll smash his head open!" Guzmán said quickly.