327.

XXVII

March 27, 2020

Lisa opened her phone after taking a quick shower and getting in her pajamas. It was currently 5 minutes before her birthday and she was already receiving several birthday greetings from family and friends. The greetings sparked happiness and warmth in her heart. She was glad to know that so many people cared about her and loved her for who she was.

Before she knew it, the clock turned its short hand to 12 and her phone beeped with a new message. Wow, they sent it exactly on time, she thought. It was a text message from Taehyung. That was unusual, because he told her he'd video call her at this time, but instead she received a message.

She unlocked her phone, curious to see what this alien had sent to her. He sent her a picture of them along with... a long message. She remembered that day very well, it was when they had their first real date. Taehyung had his arm around her waist about to kiss her while she smiled, mid-laugh, at the camera.

Dear Lisa,

I remember promising myself when I was younger that I would cherish my first true love. I was naive and haven't experienced a lot but I'm glad that I promised myself that. I want you to know that even though I might not be your first, I hope to be your last because I do confess that I'm planning to marry you someday. It might be too early to tell you this but I'm sure of it. I know I'll never love this way again. I remember when I first met you and saw your smile up close. It was the first time my heart beat for you. It makes me grin too, just thinking about it. Your smile is my favorite in the whole world and there's not a day that I don't picture it in my head. Please smile more Lisa, because I love seeing you with it. Always remember that I love you for you. Everyone around you does. I love you for the Lisa who is a perfectionist inside. I love you for the Lisa who likes to listen to music with me. I love you for the Lisa that never forgets to greet me good morning and tell me good night. I love you for the Lisa that plays with her cats all day and sends me hundreds of pictures of them. I love you for the Lisa that hugs me to sleep. I love you for the Lisa that laughs at my corny jokes. I love you for the Lisa that doesn't mind seeing me at my weakest or weirdest. I love you for the Lisa that always works hard and never gives up. My best friend, my angel, my sunshine, my soulmate, happy birthday. You're the brightest star in my midnight sky. I love you.

Your alien, Taehyung.

A single tear escaped Lisa's eyes when she finished reading his message. She felt speechless. Her phone rang again. "Lisa? Love, why are you crying?" He asked worriedly when he saw her through the video chat. "It's nothing... I love you too, alien."

( omg this is also the 27th chapter in this book :0 )