audition.

「 XLIII 」

Taehyung heard the apartment door open and grinned widely when he saw Lisa enter. "How'd the audition go?" He asked while Lisa took off her shoes and cuddled beside him. After a few moments of silence, he took the liberty of guessing the answer which was pretty obvious, "I'm guessing not that well?" Taehyung put an arm around his girl. "I'm tired. But I wanna keep pursuing this, you know," She stared up at him and he kissed her forehead comfortingly. Lisa stared through the window miserably, feeling her spirit slowly deteriorate by the day. "I know, I'm always here for you jagiya. Don't give up,"

It hadn't been easy for them since the start. Right after they graduated, Taehyung and Lisa decided to live with each other with the money they saved up on their own. Both had to take several minimum wage jobs just to raise enough money to live together. Taehyung had already secured a fine paying job after college as a professional photographer, but Lisa was having a hard time finding a stable one.

"I'll tell you what," She nodded for him to continue, "How about you do some choreos out on the street? It'll be easier for you to get scouted and I'll be right there beside you," He offered, holding her hand. Lisa considered it. It is a good idea as a side attempt aside from auditioning. "So? Do you wanna do it?" He asked enthusiastically. Lisa nodded, feeling a bit better, "Okay, I'll do it."

_________________

With the heat of the sun beating down on them, Taehyung pulled his shy girlfriend out on the central park. "Actually, I don't-" Lisa muttered but Taehyung glanced back at her, his eyes shining. He didn't seem to have heard what she said. With hesitation, she decided to drop it and just told herself to do it. As always, Taehyung gave her strength at times she felt like giving up and his smile was the last push she needed. I'm not gonna lose anything anyways and it wouldn't hurt to try, she cheered herself up.

"And...here," Taehyung placed down the bluetooth speaker on the concrete ground and straightened up. She looked around nervously but it seemed like there wasn't much people there. He approached her, "Hey." Placing his hands on her shoulders, he made her look straight at him. Taehyung could look really intimidating even when he didn't want to. "Be confident okay? Believe in yourself Lisa, because I believe in you." His words echoed through her head and she nodded. Taehyung was well aware of Lisa's stage fright but he knew that once she got in her element it all went away quicker than it came.

Lisa stood nervously at the center and wrung her hands together. She looked back awkwardly and Taehyung gave her a dramatic flying kiss, making her giggle. Three, two, one, he mouthed and hit play. The upbeat song began and Lisa felt energy surge through her and it was as if her body was moving on its own. Passers-by began watching her and coming forward, encouraging her to do better even more. Unknowingly, Taehyung ran to the front as soon as she started to get a full view of her performance. He looked like a madman, cheering her on so loudly, but he looked like he couldn't care less.

Before she knew it her routine was over and she was panting heavily, taking in the crowd that had gathered. She was so happy to see them actually impressed by her. It was more than she could ask for out of this experience.

Someone tapped her shoulder and offered her a business card. Lisa was taken aback, almost leaving her mouth agape. "I'd like to invite you to audition at YG entertainment, your performance was really impressive and I see a lot of potential in you." The man smiled at her and handed her the business card which she took in her shaking hands. "Kamsahamnida," She managed and the guy walked away as if nothing happened. She stared at the card in her hand numbly. Lisa hadn't thought of auditioning for big companies because she knew they were really hard to get into, but someone from YG actually asked her to audition.

"Jagiya? Was that an agent?" He questioned excitedly but she didn't respond. He took a peak at the card she held and gasped quietly. Taehyung hugged her tightly and Lisa simply hugged him back, still in shock. She felt like he was more excited than her and laughed, breaking the silence. "I'm so proud of you. You have no idea."