⑧ Dinner

It was late into the evening when Jeongguk and Hoseok returned home. While he was at the dance studio, the younger observed how the elder moved, how he treated others, how his personality changed-but not at the same time. It was breathtakingly amazing. What made it even more beautiful is the fact that the dancer was only human.

Jeongguk went straight into his bedroom, throwing away his backpack to land somewhere and plopped down on the soft bed that is now his. He just wants to stay like that forever. 10 minutes passed by- or maybe it was 30- when a light knock on his door rang through the walls of his room, snapping him out of the sleepy daze he was in. He grumbled a small 'come in', barely audible for the person outside to hear. A fluffy head of brown hair popped in, following the opening of his door. It was Jimin, he looked quite shy, much different from the day before.

The elder's faced morphed into a smile, eyes shaping into crescent moons, just like the one he first saw when he had just met the man. He doesn't need to know how Jeongguk wonders why he's even in the younger's room at that moment. He's had enough human interaction for today.

"Jeongguk-ah, you should take a quick shower and change before Jin-Hyung throws a fit over how you're lying down on the sheets he washed, while still wearing the same clothes since morning." Jimin's ever-so-sweet voice warned the boy who was slipping back to the sleepy daze that he was in.

"Jin-Hyung absolutely hates it."

Maybe Jeongguk got off the bed quite really fast- it might not even be humanly possible to be so fast. So what, it's not like he's scared of Jin. What he's afraid of is the impression he might leave on the elder. He probably looked so disheveled that Jimin giggled behind his small hand and left maknae to do his business after telling him something about dinner.

It took him a minute to realise that the elder spoke to him in his Busan satoori, and somehow it made him feel comfortable.

Jeongguk took his sweet time to take a shower and change into a comfy, fluffy pajama- it was a onesie. It was yellow and had images of cartoony doughnuts all over it. He really wanted to buy it when he first saw it in the store a few months back. It's his favourite.

He put on some lotion so his skin won't get dry like his social life. He really questions why all the similes he uses and the metaphors end up as a diss towards himself. Does he like dissing himself so much? That's so stupid... he needs to stop.

He really doesn't understand why.

-

Just as he was about to twist the doorknob, he realized that it would be easier to just take his backpack with him to downstairs. No one wants to climb up and down two flights of stairs on a full stomach, the heck. He could die for all he knew.

So, Jeongguk went back to retrieve his bag that apparently landed by the foot of his bed. Oh, why does he even bother, it's only been a day at school and he's already done with everything in life.

But now, it's time for food. FOOD. No one in their right mind would say no to food. Especially to the food made by Jin- whom he discovered as an amazing cook. He can eat anything if Jin makes it.

Jin doesn't need to know that.

And so Jeongguk finally leaves his room, walking in his own pace while having his long arms wrapped around his backpack like a protective shield. He heard a door close as he was at around he first floor of the house, having descended from the floor he was in to the lower one. He didn't care, all he wanted to do was go and have that delicious dinner prepared by Jin.

"Hey Jeongguk." The voice was soft and low, carried a soothing vibe with it. It was Yoongi.

Jeongguk felt his cheeks heat up a little. After their interaction in the morning, Jeongguk feels a little flustered around the older man. He makes the younger feel smaller even thought there's a physically obvious height difference between the two.