Chapter Five

Before long it was Christmas, Harry was convinced Draco was a Death Eater. Hermione thought he was likely one but they couldn't prove it. Slughorns party was pretty boring, Harry and Hermione had gone with one another. After all Hermione wanted to go with Charlie but he was working and Harry wanted to go with Ginny but she had a boyfriend. Smiling the group all boarded the train. Ron was obsessing over Lavender.
"She's just perfect" he smiled, Hermione and Harry both laughed their heads off. "Don't laugh, you'd stay the same about Charlie" he teased, Hermione flushed red.
"Shut up" she pouted, the boys laughed even harder.
"Anyway, Harry. How's things in you're love life?" Ron asked, Harry went red in the face and Hermione tried her best not to laugh. "Soo who do you like?" He asked.
"Someone" Harry answered.
"Come on you're my best mate, tell me"
"Ginny" he responded quickly.
"I'd prefer her to date you than Dean" Ron said and took a bite out of his chocolate frog. They all burst out laughing. Everything was good. Apart from the fact that Voldemort was trying to kill them.

"Harry, Hermione! It's good to see you both!" Mrs Weasley smiled at them, Ron gasped.
"What am I? Dog shit?" He joked, Mrs Weasley whacked his head with a newspaper.
"Ronald Weasley! It's good to see you too. Ginny!" She called and waved her daughter over.
Within ten minutes they were back at the burrow. Bill and Fleur were in the kitchen, Fred and George appeared to be planning a prank. Sighing Hermione realised she couldn't see Charlie, maybe he hadn't made it home. Behind her she could hear someone making the shush noise, spinning around she saw Charlie smiling at her. Smiling back she jumped into his arms. His arms wrapped around her. Blushing he pushed his lips onto hers. Harry and Ginny were smiling. Fred and George were making the comic woohoo sound. Bill and Fleur were too busy kissing each other to notice.

A few hours later they were all eating dinner, when Bill and Fleur stood up.
"Umm everyone, we have an announcement" Bill smiled, holding Fleur close to him by the waist. Charlie and Hermione were holding each other's hands on the table.
"Ve are engaged" Fleur smiled, everyone smiled but the Weasleys seemed a bit upset.
"Congratulations" Hermione smiled, ending the awkward silence.
"Thanks Hermione" Bill thanked her, Charlie then congratulated them too.
"So when's the wedding?" Charlie asked later that day when they were all sat in the living room. Hermione was curled up on the sofa, her head resting on Charlie's shoulder. Harry and Ron were sitting next to one another. Ginny was sitting next to Fred and George whilst Bill and Fleur were sitting on another sofa. Mr and Mrs Weasley were sitting down too.
"The summer" Bill answered.
"Ve need to start planning" Fleur smiled, leaning into Bill.

The next morning Hermione and Ginny were awake before everyone else, the two teen girls headed downstairs early.
"Morning 'Mione" Charlie smiled and planted a kiss on the top of her head, smiling she turned around and planted a kiss on his lips. Ginny smirked.
"You two are too cute" Ginny said and grabbed a drink from the cupboard.
"Morning Char" Hermione replied and he put his arm around her waist. Her head fell against his shoulder.

Over the next few days Christmas and The Wedding were everyone's main focus. Before long it was Christmas Day.

"Good Morning Princess" Charlie smiled as he stood above Hermione's bed, the girl let out a light gasp of shock before pushing her lips on his. "Merry Christmas"
"Merry Christmas" she smiled and tucked his pretty long hair behind his ear.
"I love you" he cupped her face in his hands. Her cheeks turned as red as Charlie's hair.
"I love you too" she responded and their lips collided against each other's. Her arms hooked around his neck.

Around an hour later Hermione and Charlie came downstairs, Hermione was wearing one of Charlie's old Weasley Jumpers. He put his arm around her. Barely anyone was up yet.

Within a few hours they were all eating Christmas Lunch. Lupin had come over, Ginny and Hermione were slightly worried about Tonks. After all she'd told them about her relationship with Remus. It was complicated. They loved each other but Remus didn't want to end up hurting Tonks because he was a werewolf. Also he told her he was too old and poor. According to Mrs Weasley Tonks was spending Christmas by herself in her apartment.

After lunch, Charlie went with Hermione and Ginny to her apartment. After all the two were best friends when they were at Hogwarts.

When they arrived they could see Tonks poking at some turkey on a plate.
"Mione? Ginny? Charlie?" She asked as she saw them entering, smiling she ran to hug the three.
"What are you guys doing here?" She asked, Charlie had his arm around Hermione.
"We wanted to check if you were alright" Hermione said, Tonks sighed and nodded.
"I'm fine" she assured them. "I just wish Remus would let us be together"
"We'll all talk to him, I'll get mum and dad to as well. Oh and don't know if this is good timing but Bill and Fleur got engaged" Charlie said, Tonks smiled.
"Thanks and tell them congratulations from me" she replied. They stayed with Tonks for a while before heading back to the burrow.

They all confronted Lupin when they got back. He told them the same stuff that he'd told Tonks. But with Hermione's logic and Ginnys general scariness they'd convinced him he was wrong. Which he said he might be but couldn't do anything about, after all it was for Tonks's own safety. Apparently.

The next few days Hermione and Charlie spent together. Hugging each other, snuggling, kissing. And generally being a cute couple. In some people's opinion they were better than Bill and Fleur.

Over the next few days they were all making plans for the wedding. They'd decided a date. August first. Other than that they really had no idea what they were doing.

Before long all the teens were heading back to school. Charlie and Hermione kissed each other goodbye as she flooed back to Hogwarts.