1: Questions

"... I'll be there soon! I brought the coordinate!!"

A car was speeding through a highway bridge, followed by another car which was trying to chase the car it followed. The way was clear, there were no obstacles in sight.

...

Except...

*POP!*

"Wh--!"

The car in the front was uncontrollable, it turned to the right and left sharply, and eventually fell to the left side of the bridge easily to the river below.

*Brrsshh...*

The chasing car stopped by the side where the car fell, and the driver got out from the car to see his prey drowning slowly to the bottom of the river.

.

.

"Farewell..."

"... '777'."

.

.

.

"... A car was found on the bottom of Eagle River this morning. Locals couldn't find the driver, but found an ammo box believed to be one of the guild's box in the city, a group of dangerous people attacking the locals. Police believed that the strong currents of Eagle River had washed the driver away while trying to escape."

.

.

"It was a tragic day for us. Our star of hope and future had gone, lost to the bottom of the river. We don't know if we can find it back..."

..

"Two years has passed since then. Our guild is accepting new members today. Hope their trial goes well..."

.

.

3 new members entered Defenders Guild, ready to take their first mission. They were now standing in the middle yard of the base, listening to the directions given by a woman accompanied by a man. They seemed to be the guild's leaders.

"Welcome to the Defenders Guild. We don't hurt the civilians, all we do is to fight our archenemy, Tiger Fence. Their guild has dominated almost every residential area and threatened the residents to obey them. We disagree with it, so we have to draw them off," said the woman.

The three new members listened to her carefully.

"... Alright, for your first mission, you have to scavenge useful things from Dusky Bridge. But be careful, it's the borderline between our area and Tiger Fence's. It also makes it the warzone for us. Just pray that you'll make it out safely," said the man with a grin.

"Yes, Sir!" said the three members, then went to the location of their first mission at the same time.

The woman felt off about this, but she didn't comment until the members went away, and told her thoughts to the man.

"... I understand scavenging, but to the warzone for starters? Are you sure?" asked the woman.

"Hmph. This isn't a heavy task. Even newb Sevvy would be able to do it, alone, to boot," said the man with his grin.

The woman was quiet.

"Diego... bringing Seven to this conversation...." thought the woman for the man named Diego.

"Well, two years seems to be not enough to forget someone... but..."

"... Didn't he die at the same place?"