4: Face Me

1 month had passed.

.

.

"Uuungh..." Edgeworth woke up with a tired body. He had trained for 2 months without stopping. His resting time was also cut off greatly, making him restless. Before he could make himself up, someone had been knocking on his door.

"Ugh.. Yeah, wait up..." Edgeworth walked to his door lazily and opened it. When it was open, he could see someone he hadn't seen for so long.

"Hey, 1202! Just woke up, eh?" he asked.

"Oh.. hmm... you... who are you again?"

"Haha... I don't blame you for forgetting me. All this time, I've been holed up in work in the database, sorting dusty folders and helping Maya and Adrian out!"

"...."

"... Racer. Still remember?"

"O-Oh, Racer...? Yes.. Yes I still remember." Edgeworth remembered that Racer was the person who usually went with him to report together. He was even there with his first two missions.

"(I thought his name was 'Razor'...)"

"Ah, right, I came here by orders from the Guildmaster. He told me to summon you to his room. Seems like you got a problem," Larry said.

"Pro.. blem? What did I do?" Edgeworth asked, curious.

"I dunno? He seemed cold when he ordered me. Maybe you have to hurry," Larry answered.

"Alright, I'm getting ready," Edgeworth said. Larry then left and let Edgeworth be ready and went back to his job. When he was done, Edgeworth immediately went to the 1st quarter, where the four leaders' chamber are located.

.

.

Edgeworth knocked on the biggest room door which was engraved with the word 'Guildmaster' on an iron plate. The door was opened by Gumshoe, who greeted him warmly.

"Good morning, pal! Huh..? You look... tired, pal. Did you rest well?" he said.

"I'm fine. Why am I summoned here?" Edgeworth asked.

"Get in, pal!" Gumshoe let Edgeworth went inside. Since it was his first time in the big boss' room, he was quite anxious. But seeing his trainer there, he started to calm down a little.

The room was the biggest room, but the smell of a smelting iron could be smelled and big machines could be seen in the corner of the room. It looked like Guildmaster was also a maker of sorts, aside from being the leader.

"Welcome," said Mia, who was also there. Edgeworth was in the room with all the four leaders.

"So you're 1202? Hmph, first I saw you, you were just a little twerp," Diego said.

"You can owe me his improvements. It was all thanks to my intensive training," Franziska said.

"Why am I summoned here?" Edgeworth asked.

"You've reached Rank 7, a rank that can be categorized as high-rank, in an incredible short period of 2 months. That is an awesome talent," Mia said.

"Yes, I agree. I watched him closely. He deserves to be called an expert as an attacker," Franziska said.

"We give out appreciations to each people who reached the high-rank. Simply put, it's a present from us to you, pal!" Gumshoe said.

"I've seen your fighting style from the mission that we did together," Diego said. He pulled out a gun box from his cupboard and gave it to Edgeworth. Gumshoe helped him open the box, and in the box was two bigger pistols, slimmer, and unique.