6: Your Identity

"Argh!"

"Take that, 1202!"

"Nggh.. No... I can't lose... not like this!"

"Admit your defeat, I won't lower your rank!"

Franziska was having a spar with Edgeworth. Even though they sparred a lot, Franziska always triumphed over him. Maybe because Edgeworth was still recovering from his wound, he wasn't as agile as he was supposed to. They had sparred three times.

"Urrgh..." Edgeworth grabbed his injured shoulder. Franziska left him alone on the yard.

"W-Wait... Miss..!"

"Ah, pathetic. You're still injured. This is just a warm-up. But next time, you really have to give your best," she said.

Edgeworth sighed and followed Franziska from behind to rest for a while.

"Miss, would they give missions to an injured member?" he asked.

"Maybe. I'm not the one assigning. It's all the Guildmaster's stupid ideas," she answered nonchalantly.

"You.. don't seem to get along with him," he said.

"Guildmaster and I? We're like water and oil. Don't put me in the same group as him," she said.

....

"Did Guildmaster defeat you in a duel?"

"Me? Losing? Pfft. I was never beaten by any member in this guild. Not even a tie."

"Hmm..."

Edgeworth found a good opportunity to ask more about 'that person'.

"What about... the member you considered the fifth leader?"

"Huh? Oh... umm.. except.. except him. He was really special. But, he still had never defeated me," she answered while stuttering.

"But have you ever been in a tie with him?"

"That's none of your business."

It seemed that they once had a tie.

While they were conversing, someone came to them. He wasn't a strange face in Edgeworth's mind, but he was rarely seen by him.

"Mr. 1202! Miss Sharpshooter! Good morning!" he greeted.

"Huh.. you..." Edgeworth took a guess. "Wait, I remember you. M.. Menes? Menes, is it?"

"Memes, sir, Memes. We were together in our first mission here..." said the person who was actually Meekins.

"Why did you call me 'Sir'?!" Edgeworth blurted.

"Apologize... uh... Sir. Your rank is way higher than mine, I'm just.. giving my respect to you. You're called to the 4th quarter to meet with Miss Consultant. I'm just a messenger," Meekins said. He seemed nervous facing Edgeworth.

"Go, 1202. I'll be waiting," Franziska said. Edgeworth nodded and walked immediately to the 4th quarter.

.

Arrived at the 4th quarter, Mia had waited for him, by Maya's desk. He quickly approached Mia.

"You called, Milady?" Edgeworth asked.

"Yes. I was told to give a mission from Guildmaster to you. Our spies have seen bombs being set in the residential area near Dusky Bridge. We don't want any victims, so you have to hurry and defuse the bombs. Time runs quick, so you have to go immediately," Mia said.

"Roger, Milady," Edgeworth said, while leaving her.

"Racer has been waiting for you in the main gate. Hurry!" Mia said, before Edgeworth disappeared from sight. He gave her a thumb up, telling her that he heard, then ran to the main gate.