Hinata Shouyou | short

Red string - a red string is tied to your pinky finger and it becomes visible whenever your soulmate is near. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today there is a match between Aoba Johsai and Karasuno and I decided to come along with my friends to watch the boys' volleyball team. I am currently a 1st year student from Aoba Johsai and people think that I'm in middle school or even lower because I'm really short, which sucks.

"Guys! I saved us some seats in the front row so (your name) can watch" (Friend 1) said.

"I don't know if I'm supposed to be offended... But thank you anyway." I said, rolling my eyes and my friends just laughed.

We were early since there's still 30 minutes left before the match starts and they were the first match for today so there aren't that much people in the arena yet. 

I plopped down beside between (Friend 1) and (Friend 2) and they started talking about something that's not volleyball related.

"I forgot to mention that I already met my soulmate, it was very unexpected since he's from Shiratorizawa!" (Friend 1) said with a small squeal.

"Woah! Alright, we still have 30 minutes. Now, spill!" (Friend 2) said, interested in her story.

"So one day I was at the convenience store to buy a drink when I saw a red string appear on my right pinky. You guys know that whenever the red string appears it means that your soulmate is near." 

"Really? I never saw a red string appear on my pinky though..." I said. 

"Maybe your soulmate lives somewhere far." (Friend 2) said.

"Hopefully I'll find them soon." I said with a small smile.

"Anyway, I decided to follow the string and it led me outside the store and I saw him standing there looking at me wide-eyed. I actually thought it's cute" (Friend 1) said with a dreamy look.

"Who's the lucky guy?" I asked.

"You guys won't believe this... From Shiratorizawa Boys' Volleyball Team - Tsutomu Goshiki!" 

"Pff- W-Wait?! You can't be serious?!" (Friend 2) said in shock, almost spitting the water she was drinking.  

"I am! That's why I'm gonna stay after the 1st game to support Shiratorizawa in the next." She said with a grin.

"You lucky girl, but if it ever comes  to Aoba Johsai vs Shiratorizawa... You're gonna have to split yourself in half. I don't think your brother, Iwaizumi-san, would like it if you fully support Shiratorizawa." I said with a small laugh.

"It's fineee, I support both teams. Ooh, the match is about to start!" (Friend 1) said, pointing to the court. 

The arena was slowly getting filled until our area was almost crowded and the cheers got louder.

"Time to show my full support to Oikawa-san!" (Friend 2) said in excitement.

Alright, time to cheer my heart out for Aoba Johsai!

>> TIME SKIP >>

It was a fast game, a best of 3. Sadly, Aoba Johsai lost to Karasuno and we were really disappointed. (Friend 2) even cried! She's THAT supportive to Oikawa-san and the team. 

"Fast game, didn't think we'd lose that." (Friend 2) said, wiping her tears.

"Welp, I guess there's no Aoba Johsai vs Shiratorizawa this year." (Friend 1) said with a sigh.

"I need to go home now, I still have a lot of work to do. Have fun watching the next game, (Friend 1)." (Friend 2) said with a wave.

"I have to go now as well! I'll come with you. Good luck, (Friend 1)" I said with a small smile.

"Bye guys! Stay safe on the way home." She said with a wave, and with that we left the arena.

On the way to the exit, me and (Friend 2) kept on talking about the red string thing.

"You ever saw your string?" I suddenly asked.

"Nope, I think my soulmate lives far away." She said.

"I see..." I trailed off and then we suddenly stopped on our tracks because we suddenly saw our team and (Friend 2) wanted to take a picture with them, especially Oikawa-san.

"You go ahead if you want to, (your name). I'll take my time here since this is a once in a lifetime opportunity!" She exaggerated, and I just gave her a small smile with an eye roll and with that I made my way to the exit. 

When I exited through the doors, a red string suddenly appeared in front of me... I followed the direction of the string and it was tied to my right pinky finger.

Wait a minute, it means my soulmate is here! I must not miss the chance, I have to find them quick while this is still visible! 

I looked ahead and saw that the string was quite long so I had to make a few more steps, and so I did. I followed the string to wherever it took me. It led me into a nearby restaurant until a group of people stopped me in my tracks. 

To my surprise, it was the Karasuno Boys' Volleyball Team. They looked at me and I suddenly looked away, feeling my cheeks getting red. The silence was broken by a shriek from one of their members, he suddenly approached me.

"UWAAAAAH! Can you see it? Can you see it?" The orange-haired boy asked me, shaking my shoulder while bringing up his left pinky finger. I just gave him a nod and a small smile and then he suddenly hugged me, which shocked his team.

He calmed down and gave me a big smile and then he put his shoulder around me, introducing me to his team.

"Guys - especially you, Kageyama! I introduce my soulmate uhhh..."

"(Last name) (First name)" I continued with a giggle.

"Yeah! (Last name) (First name)." He repeated with a laugh.

"Way to go, Shoyo!" The other small boy said with a big jump.

"I'm Hinata Shoyo, it feels good to have a soulmate who is shorter than you." He joked, which earned him a light smack on the arm.

"We've just met and you're already getting offensive!" I playfully said with a pout. 

"Hinata boke!" 

"That's our first year!"

I didn't think that my soulmate would be from Karasuno, but hey! I don't mind since he's a ball of sunshine and he's veeeery lovable. He introduced me to his team and we got to know a lot about each other since he requested a separate table just for the two of us. He even treated me lunch!

---EPILOGUE---

"So... Wanna watch our game tomorrow? I'll save you a VIP seat, and I'll introduce you to my family after!" Shoyo said in excitement while I just giggled.

"You're so cute. Of course, I'll watch you guys tomorrow." I said and he suddenly gave me a big smile.

"Great!" He said, holding my hands.

"Oi Hinata boke! Get your food, it is getting cold!" Kageyama yelled from the other side.

"Uwah! Sorry, (First name). I'll take it immediatelyyyy~" He said, rushing to the counter while I stayed there quietly laughing at him.