3. the thoughts

★ Portrait@kiocyrrr ✔︎Pt

★ Portrait
@kiocyrrr ✔︎
Pt. 3 POV: you're talking to his roommate
about your guys' problem, and your mind
starts to wander.
♫ original sound - favsoundds

〖𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢〗

𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐇𝐘 she started sobbing. it wasn't as if she even liked quinton that much. she supposed it was just the rejection that upset her. nevertheless, she texted kio.

kio

hey kio

hi vanessa
what's up

quinton just broke up with me
but we weren't even dating

what do you mean?
is that what your instagram post
was about?

yeah
he just told me he needed "space"

well he's not here do you wanna
come over and talk about it

really? that'd be great
read 7:34 pm

——————

𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 door and kio opened it almost immediately. the boy could tell that she'd been crying, so he wrapped his arms around her, engulfing her in a hug.

"i don't even know what i did wrong," vanessa said as she cried, her tears falling onto kio's bed. he rubbed her back as he listened to her talk.

"you didn't do anything wrong," kio said, "quinton is just afraid of... commitment. he doesn't want to get too close to anyone. you know, because space is just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get to close."

vanessa was able to smile a little bit through her tears, "did you just quote nick jonas?"

"i guess so," he said laughing.

his adorable laugh sent her brain into overdrive, making up scenarios that would and should never happen and replaying her recent encounters with the boy.

he tosses me back onto the bed, wrapping his hand around my neck, his grip fairly tight. he begins to take his shirt off, revealing his toned abs and v-line. my eyes are drawn to the growing bulge underneath his calvins...

wait, what? she cleared her mind of the dirty thoughts.

the way he smirked at me when he gave me my panties back...

the way he looked at me the first time i went to his dorm, looking me up and down with lust in his eyes...

vanessa was snapped out of her thoughts by kio saying, "vanessa?... vaness! are you ok?"

"yeah, i'm fine," she said, but she was not fine.

"you just went out of it for a second."

"oh, sorry. i guess i'm just a little distracted," she said, tucking a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

"that's alright. i understand, but if you don't mind me asking, if you and quinton were never official, why are you so upset?"

" i just thought he was going to ask me to make it official. and we'd been out so many times, i thought he'd really started to like me, but i guess not," vanessa said as more tears fell.

"i'm sorry. i didn't mean to make you upset," kio said, wiping away her tears with his thumb. immediately, he drew his hand back, "uh, sorry. i don't know why i did that."

vanessa managed a small chuckle, "it's alright. it's good to know someone cares."

"yeah, of course i care," he said as he gave the girl a side hug.

she put her head on his shoulder, "thank you."

"no problem," he said.

the pair talked for a while longer before vanessa decided she should get going. it was getting late, so she headed back to her own dorm. 

am i starting to like kio?  i can't be... she thought.