7. the breakup

@kiocyrrr ✔︎End POV: He ends things because youkeep going back and forth between the two♫ original sound - movement

@kiocyrrr ✔︎
End POV: He ends things because you
keep going back and forth between the
two
♫ original sound - movement

〖𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫〗

𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐊𝐈𝐎 headed to vanessa's dorm room to end their fling, relationship, whatever it was, because clearly they were not on the same page. kio was falling head over heels for her. vanessa was falling for him hard, too, but even she didn't realize it. he knocked on her room door and she opened it, not expecting to see kio.

"hi, kio. what's up?" she said.

"can i come in?" he asked, "i want to talk."

vanessa was confused. had she done something wrong? "sure," she replied.

"why are you playing us?" he asked.

"what?" she replied, confused.

"you're 'dating' both of us," he said, using finger quotes.

"i only did it because i like both of you and i want to make a good choice."

"yeah, well, i'm making the choice really easy. be with quinton, because i want nothing to do with you," he turned to leave, and standing in the doorway, said, "you really lost here. we could've been something good. but you know, i'd still catch a grenade for you." then, he left, slamming the door behind him, leaving vanessa standing there speechless.

she started to cry. "how could i be so stupid?" she said to herself.

she called megan to invite her over so talk, and she said she'd be over in 15 minutes with ice cream.

fifteen minutes later, vanessa heard a knock on her door, opening it to megan carrying a huge tub of ice cream. "who did this to you?" megan demanded.

"well, kio, but it was my fault," vanessa said.

"oh no, he found out didn't he," megan frowned, "girl, just tell me the whole story because i feel like there's some stuff i don't know that i should know."

"ok well..." vanessa started, and recounted the whole story, starting from her date with quinton.

"so you mean to tell me he quoted nick jonas and bruno mars and you didn't realize he was the one?" megan laughed.

"well technically, he quoted bruno mars after he dumped me."

"vanessa, he is clearly still in love with you. go get your man! but dump quinton first."

"god, i don't know, megan. i really screwed up. maybe i deserve to end up with quinton."

"i can't believe you're denying the fact that you and kio are so totally in love!"

"we're not in love."

"well i know that he is."

"you really think he'd still be with me?"

"i think it's worth a shot."

"ok. you're the best."

——————

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀 went back to kio and quinton's dorm, maybe for the last time if this doesn't go well, and knocked on the door. quinton opened it, luckily, because she wanted to talk to him first. "hi quinton. i want to talk," she said and he stepped outside, closing the door behind him.

"i think you're a great guy, but i just realized i'm in love with someone else," she said.

"i know. it's kio," he replied sadly.

"how... how did you know?"

"it's obvious. i can tell he loves you too, but you really hurt him."

"i know."

"i'll go get him and you can talk."

"ok, thank you."

quinton headed back inside and pushed kio out the door into the hallway.

"i'm sorry," vanessa said.

"what you did was messed up," he replied.

"i know, but it made me realize that," she paused, "i'm in love with you, kio."

his eyes widened, "you're... what?"

"i know you probably don't feel the same way, but when you quoted bruno mars, i thought maybe you might?"

"vanessa, i've been in love with you since i first saw you."

"my date with quinton?"

"no. the first time you walked into intro to business. you looked so innocent, like an angel."

vanessa's heart melted. "really?" she mumbled.

"yeah, and to prove it," he kissed her with so much passion that it made her want so much more. he glided his tongue across her bottom lip, and she gave him entrance. his tongue dominated hers and before pulling apart completely, he bit her lip lightly.

when they finally broke apart, vanessa said quietly, "if i'm an angel, you're my demon."

kio chuckled and replied, "of course, but only if you say yes to this question: will you be my girlfriend?"

"of course, kio."

〖𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔫𝔡〗

hi thank you for reading this book! i hope you enjoyed it!

other books:
ill fated - draco malfoy
starboy - dramione
wrong number - bryce hall
internet best friend - nick austin
rainbow - ryland storms

thank you and i love you all!!