4. the talk

@kiocyrrr ✔︎Pt

@kiocyrrr ✔︎
Pt. 4 POV: You catch both of them on
their way out to a party, and you ask if
you can talk.
♫ original sound - marissa__lopez__

〖𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯〗

𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 go back to their room, but she desperately needed to talk to quinton, even though kio advised against it.

she was standing outside of their door contemplating whether or not to knock. while she stands there, the door opened, revealing both the boys. oh shit, she thought.

"um, i'll let you two talk," kio said, walking away awkwardly.

quinton exits the room and closes the door behind him. "i'm sorry," he huffed out air. vanessa slapped him, "i deserved that," he said nodding.

"why?" is all vanessa could ask.

"i was scared! i never let people in because the more people you let into your life, the more that can just walk right out," quinton said.

"i wouldn't have walked out. but now, i'm walking out."

"please give me another chance!"

"i don't do second chances," vanessa said looking down, "because if someone breaks your heart once, they're likely to do it again."

"i promise you, i won't."

"you're a player. of course you will."

"after going out with you, i've changed!"

"people don't change that drastically in a month," vanessa said shaking her head.

"i... i haven't gone out with anyone ever since then. i haven't even hung out with my friends," quinton looked so sad, but vanessa was done.

"you messed up, quinton," vanessa started to leave when kio bursted out of the room.

"vanessa, wait! we're going to a party. do you want to come? maybe you'll meet some new friends?" kio asked.

"oh, sure," vanessa replied putting on a smile. no wonder they were dressed nicely.

——————

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 to the frat house the party was located at with kio in the middle, separating quinton and vanessa. jesus, it's a frat party... the worst kind of party, vanessa thought. as they walked, vanessa's hand would periodically brush against kio's, sending tingles throughout her body.

the loud music was able to be heard from outside the house and you could already smell the drugs and alcohol. she stopped short in front of the house. "fuck," she whispered.

"it'll be ok," kio said, grabbing her hand and pulling her into the house.

almost immediately, quinton was off, probably to drink away his problems and sleep with girls.

but kio stayed by vanessa's side, not letting her out of his sight. he put his arm around her waist and yelled over the music, "do you want anything to drink?"

"can i just get a cherry claw?" she yelled back.

"sure. stay right here," he instructed her and he left to go get their drinks.

when he came back, he had a red solo cup in one hand and vanessa's white claw in the other. he handed her her drink and put his arm back around her waist, making them get jealous looks from the other girls nearby.

"why are they all looking?" vanessa asked into kio's ear.

"they're just jealous of you," he answered, "because i'm with you and not them."