chapter seven

this chapter contains triggering topics such as; mentions of physical violence, panic attacks, medication, rape and mental health issues. if any of this affects you i advise you skip this chapter as it is prominent.

stay safe everyone xx

Rory was leaning up against her car out the front of the school, she was waiting on Malia. Earlier that day, Rory had given the werecoyote a lift to school and promised to be there when the test was over to buy her dinner and hang out with her to try and get her mind off of the test.

But now the plan had changed.

Malia had called Rory and demanded answers to all the questions she had - although, some of which, Rory didn't have but was willing to try and find out.

The school doors swung open and teenagers flooded out, almost all of them having the suffocating feeling release from their chests as they did so. 

Amongst the crowd was Malia, shoving through the thick to get over to the witch who was waiting on her.

Stiles let out a small sigh of relief when he saw his girlfriend, only for the pair to make eye contact and for Rory's attention to divert away to Malia.

A sharp tug pulled in his chest as he watched the pair converse quickly before getting into the witch's car. Panic shot through the Stilinski boy, he didn't know how Rory would react to him keeping her father's identity from her and to be honest, he was dreading it. And he wasn't the only one.

Lydia often wondered why Allison had told her that Derek Hale was the father of her best friend, and she continuously fought with herself over whether or not to actually tell the brunette about it. So watching as Malia and Rory conversed quietly before getting into the latter's car and tearing out of the lot, leaving no room for any other pack member to ask questions or approach them, was like the final nail in the coffin and the only thought that was rattling around Lydia's head; I should have told her.

As Rory and Malia drove down the long stretch of road that outskirted the Beacon Hills Preserve, Malia turned to the girl beside her,
"Did you know?"

"No" Rory answered honestly,
"Did you?"

"About Peter? No, obviously"

"No, not Peter, Derek"

"No... They didn't tell me"

There was a pregnant pause where the pair stayed in a comfortable silene, although the silence was broken by Malia, who awkwardly stated,
"So we're cousins"

"Guess so" Rory answered in the same fashion before grinning and stating,
"Well, we make a damn good team"

The pair exchanged a grin before they both deteriorated into laughter; it was a happy moment, although neither of them really understood why they were laughing - they just were.