Chapter 1

I push open the doors into the school hallway. Students crowd the halls pushing and shoving past me. I look down at the map in my hands trying to find my first class. I look around for some sign telling me where to go and hit someone behind me.

"Hey! Watch where you are going!" A guy shouted. I spin around and am greeted with a tall boy with black hair and brown eyes. He is wearing a leather jacket and for some reason it makes my heart flutter. 

"Umm, I am so sorry I am trying to find my class" I stumble.

"What class?" He asks me.

"Math 11" I reply

"Huh, down the hall make a right and it is the first door to the left," he tells me. "Next time watch where you are going and stay out of my way"

As I walk to my class I can not help but wonder who that boy was. What is his problem, he was really mean to me. Why is my heart still racing at the thought of him? I smile I little bit.

Lunchtime finally. " Hey, new girl come sit with us!" Someone shouts. I walk over to the table where two girls are sitting.

"Hi, I am Alexa" smiled one of the girls. "and this is Mikendra,"

"Hey," Mikendra waves. 

"Nice to meet you both. I'm Hailey, I just moved here from Texas," I reply.

"Nice to meet you Hailey," beams Mikendra. 

After lunch, I head for my social class. As I walk through the door I bump into someone. I look up to see the same guy as before. Shoot! 

"I thought I told you to stay out of my way," he says shortly. 

Before I can reply the teacher cuts in "Is there a problem here?" She looks between me and the boy.

He breaks his eyes from me saying "No. There is no problem at all."

"Good. Then, Markus, I am going to partner you up with... what's your name dear?"

"Hailey" 

"Welcome Hailey, I am Ms. M. Markus is going to be your social partner," States Ms. M

Oh great, first I bump into this Markus guy twice and now he is my class partner. Can this get any worse?! 

As soon as the last bell rings I am out the door and on my way home... no, not home. I am on my way to my Airbnb. Ya, that's it.