Chapter 6

I meet the girls at the doors of the school building. They insisted on staying by my side as much as they can so they can keep Markus away from me. As Mikendra had worded it, they were my emotional support and there to kick Markus' ass if he came near me. 

The day went by smoothly until Social class where we were still desk partners. I step into the classroom to see Markus sitting with his head in the palms of his hands. When I sit down he finally looks up. He looks as if he didn't get any sleep last night.

"Hailey..." he says before I cut him off.

"Don't! Just don't," At that he did not say another word to me for the rest of the class. Though that did not stop him from following me into the parking lot.

When I step outside Alexa and Mikendra step between Markus and me, not allowing him to follow. 

"Hails!" He called after me. 

I did not even look back. I couldn't if I did I may end up just turning around and punching him and that would not be good. Especially since I had just told James not to do that just last afternoon.  I start running home trying to get back before he pushes through the girls.  I will have to remember to treat them to a nice supper and movie as a thank you soon. 

Why does he even care so much? He was going to break up with me anyway. Does he just want to rub it in? Why do I even care! I try to push these thoughts out of my head, but they just don't seem to want to leave.