Chapter 2

The next three weeks go by in a flash. Most of my time was spent trying it to avoid bumping into Markus... again. Even though we are class partners he has made it very clear that he does not like me and has no intention of ever being friends with me. But for some reason he stares at me more often then he watches the lesson. It is kinda creepy but kinda... nice. No, that is not the right word. Flattering? No. Interesting? Yes, interesting. It makes my heart flutter just thinking about it.

As I step into Social class I am greeted by the most alarming sight. Markus was smiling... at me. I take my seat and look at the front of the class pretending that I had not seen him.

"Hey, I wanted to apologize about what happened those last couple weeks. I was being a jerk," He explains rubbing the back of his neck.

"Umm, it's fine," I mumble.

He stares at me with this unsure look in his eyes before he speaks again. "Are you busy this Friday night?"

I blink a couple times. "Umm no I don't think so. Why?" 

"I am going to a party and maybe you want to come?" He asks.

"Well, I don't see why not," I  tell him.

"Great! I will pick you up at 8. What's your address?" He pushes a piece of paper over to me. "You can add your number too if you want,"

I freeze... did he just ask for my number. What the hell is going on here? I finish writing down my address and number just as Ms. M starts the class. I pass the paper back to him feeling his fingers brush against mine as he takes it. The contact distracts me for the rest of the class. Next thing I know the bell has rings and I am out the door and am on my way home. Halfway home my phone vibrates with a text. My heart skips a beat. It's Markus:

 It's Markus: