Chapter 8

"So Asher, how's New York?" Lillian asks Ash

After he chews and swallows his chicken he answers, "Really good, I really enjoy the work too. It keeps me busy and my mind at ease"

"That's amazing, I'm glad you're enjoying it. You're doing great for yourself Ash" she smiles, Ace eats slowly only glancing up now and then.

"Thank you" he smiles and looks at Ace before focusing back on the delicious food in front of him.

"Can I stay with Ace again?" Henry pouts.

"You know it would be nice if you wanted to spend time with Daddy once and awhile" George pulls a fake sad face.

"I spend time with you all the time" he leans his elbows onto the table like an adult as he leans his head onto his hands.

"Not enough slugger"

"How about you spend some time with Mummy and Daddy, and after you can stay with me a whole weekend" Ace coos.

"Promise?" He pushes his plate and places his head onto the table.

"I promise, buddy" he ruffles his blonde curled locks.

"Camila, where do you work?" Lillian asks and I avert my eyes to her from Ace and Henry.

"I work at the flower shop in town"

"Mrs Tellers?" Her lips curl up.

"Yeah" I nod.

"I love that shop" She enthuses.

"I've arranged your flowers a few times" I chuckle softly.

"You do such a lovely job, always beautifully laid out" She compliments. I've also arranged a few for George for Hannah and also his mother.

"Thank you"

"Do you enjoy it?" Ace asks and my eyes snap towards him.

"Yeah I do but is it something I want to do for the rest of my life?.." I shrug, "I don't know yet"

"I'm sure you'll figure it out" Lillian sweetly says.

The conversation flows around the table talking about Asher and I, it eventually subsides from us and turns to Hannah's second pregnancy and Christmas talk, Lillian kindly invited both Ash and I to join the family on Christmas I answered yes from both of us, I don't know why but it's very hard to say no to her. Asher and Ace exchange looks every now and then but haven't said a word to each other. I can tell Asher wants to talk to him but just doesn't know how and Ace..I'm not sure what he's thinking.

Ace's POV

Camila and Asher help Ma clear the table as I watch Big Hero 6 with Henry, Hannah and George. Brad disappeared upstairs once again to do god knows what.