Chapter One.

The waves slammed against the boat as it struggled to keep afloat in the stormy seas, the family beneath the deck held onto their small child as he cried at the noise the ship was making.

A man came down the cabin stairs and spoke to the father, who stood and made his way to the exit, the woman jumped up and grabbed his arm.

"You can't go up there...you will be in danger."

The man placed his hand on her own and looked into her eyes.

"I will be ok...you stay here with our son and keep him safe."

"But..."

The man shushed her with a kiss, and stroked the small boy's hair before turning and walking up the stairs.

Once he was gone the woman bit her lip and sat back down, she shushed her child and rocked him, he looked up at her.

"Mama?"

Smiling at him she stroked his face.

"It's ok my boy, Pappy will be fine. He's just helping them upstairs."

The boat slanted to the side forcefully and the mother and son fell backwards, she righted herself when the boat steadied and soon heard screaming and shouts from above.

Feeling scared she had to know if her husband was alright. She held her son tightly to her breast and climbed the stairs. Opening the door to the cabin, she looked around for him, but couldn't see him. It was then she saw the men crowding around a figure on the deck, her heart jumped and she rushed over.

"Let me through...I need to see..." She stopped as she pushed her way through.

Looking down at the figure she shook her head...

"No..."

The man who had collected her husband shortly before stood and walked towards her. His hands up, trying to calm her before she broke down.

"Mrs Jeon...I'm sorry, it happened so fast..."

"That's not my husband...no..."

She stepped back holding her son to her as she looked at the body on the deck.

Her body was stopped by the railing and she looked back before turning back to the body on the floor, the body which had a stake of broken wood sticking out from his chest.

The boat was tipped and she struggled to stay secure as she fell over the broken railing and found herself falling from the boat.

As if by slow motion she looked down on her son, his face scared and mentally apologised to him for not being able to save him in time, then they plunged into the cold water.

She fought to keep hold of her son, but the pull of the stormy water was too strong and he slipped from her grasp. She tried her hardest to find him, to reach any part of his body, a lifeline to hold onto him, but he was gone from her heat, from her arms.

She screamed his name, but knew it was useless, her son was gone, sinking down into the dark sea, left to die alone. She felt a rope go round her body and she fought against it, screaming at the men on the boat to leave her alone, to let her die, but they pulled at the rope and it tightened, they pulled her body up and onto the boat, and she tried jumping back into the water, screaming all along.

"My son, my son is down there, I have to save him."

One of the men injected her and her world went dark as the sedative took effect.