Chapter Fourteen

Jeongguk's P.O.V.

I was busy doing some missed assignments when my phone rang...Not looking at the ID I picked up the phone and said a short 'hello'

"Gguk...where's Taehyung?" My Eomma's voice said on the other end.

I was immediately alert.

"He went for a swim...why Eomma?"

I heard her curse under her breath and a sense of panic set over me.

"I think you should turn the news on son...it's bad."

Not needing telling twice I switched on my TV, and what I saw brought me to my knees.

"Spotted on the coast of Miami beach...a male mermaid was seen by a young boy who informed his mother, who then reported the sighting to the authorities...crews were immediately dispatched to try and catch this otherwise mythical creature and the following footage will shock you...after news crews arrived on the beach, a young man decided to fly his drone towards a small island and what he captured has the whole country going crazy..."

I watched as the drone images moved towards a small island just off the beach...and gulped when I saw my boyfriend looking scared as he hid behind a rock, looking towards the beach...I watched in tears as he looked up at the drone, before looking shocked and diving into the ocean...the footage stopped and the woman on the TV continued.

"This is indeed a rare sight, the sheer good looks of this creature destroying scientist's theories that merpeople were shrivelled and ugly looking after living in the water...this male mermaid is living proof of their existence. Tune into the late news for more details...."

The woman reeled off but I was panicking...

"Gguk...you there?"

"He...he's not a creature...Eomma what do I do?"

I heard her sigh.

"I don't know Gguk...but you need to help him if you can."

I nodded and said my goodbyes. Grabbing some clothes a towel and my long coat and rushing out of the apartment. There had to be a secluded part of the beach...I knew he would smell me I had to help him.

Reaching soon after I was shocked at how packed the beach was...I made my way up and down the large area until I was out of sight of most of the people around. My eyes fell on an open space a few hundred feet further up and I ran towards it.

Stopping I turned and looked behind me, no one was around, I looked around the area and it wasn't very secure, high walls with pedestrian paths on the other side...anyone could see if Tae' changed here.

I shook my head and looked further up the beach and I saw some large rocks. They looked dangerous but they would definitely shelter him while he changed. I rushed towards them always looking over my shoulder and found a small opening in the centre.

As I walked through I smiled. This was perfect...it was sheltered from the outside world and had a small bit of beach coming out of the water...there was just enough room for him to change.

I took off my hoodie and made a makeshift roof with it just in case the drone appeared again and I called his name softly.

My eyes never left the water and I prayed he had heard me...soon a head popped up from the water and I breathed in relief.

"Hurry." I urged him and he nodded.

He moved his body onto the warm sand and I grabbed the towel drying his tail over quickly, praying this would work fast.