"Victor"

I pace in front of my new school, procrastinating on going inside despite being two hours late on my first day.

I've never been alone before in a new city. I've always had my parents, who begged me to stay in San Diego.

I told them fuck no and left on the first plane I could.

Why would you want to leave your parents, you might be wondering. Well ever since my little brother died in a fire they've become fucking insane. I didn't realize that till I started getting older.

I was about 14 when I started noticing; I'm 17 now.

They're not the only ones who are insane. My dead brother Mike follows me everywhere. I know it sounds strange but I can hear him talk to me; whispering to me.

"Hello." I hear someone say.

I turn around to see a guy with medium black hair and sparkling eyes. "Hi." I answer shyly.

He smiles and adjusts the geometry book that's placed on his left hip. "I noticed you've been pacing out here for a while, thought I'd come say hello. I'm Kellin Quinn."

I give him an unsure, lopsided grin. "Im Victor Fuentes." I say and shake his outstretched hand.

"I don't think I've ever seen you here, are you new?" he asks me, tilting his head in a cute way.

I start to speak but I'm cut off by Mike whispering to me. "Don't answer him Vic. he'll hurt you. Leave before its too late."

I shake my head, trying to get Mike out of it. "You're fucking dead leave me alone!" I shout and cover my ears with my hands.

Kellin looks at me as if I've gone mad; technically I have. He starts to say something but I run off before he can.

I just leave him there; confused and probably scared of me.

How can I ever go back to that school? Kellin will probably tell everyone about the new nut case in town.

II'll be the laughing stock of the damn school.

I never should have moved here..