Chapter 9

~Y/N's POV~

**five months later**

Piping hot coffee filled up to the brim of my mug under the spout of the Matte Black Nespresso machine in which adorned my girlfriend's countertop. Clicking the machine off, I walked over to the refrigerator, taking out the soy creamer and emptying its remnants, along with some organic sugar, into my cup.

After discarding the empty carton of soy creamer, my fingers slinked around the mug handle and I brought the steaming mug up to my lips, sipping the caffeine and allowed it to fill my throat and chest with potent warmth. The Beverly Hills sun was just beginning to rise and I smiled to myself, taking in the view through the enormous windows as the soft glow of the sun glazed over my wandering eyes. I turned around to find the twins, Aaron, Doug, Courtney and Victoria fast asleep on the several couches in Ariana's living room.

She had made the decision to let them all stay at her place throughout the whole pandemic, so we were all safely quarantined with one another. Plus, Ariana expressed that she could not stand being without them for such a long period of time. Especially me.

I smiled at them and turned back around to her staircase, climbing up the marble steps and then quietly making my way back to her room. Rather, our room. I opened the door and stepped in, making sure to soundlessly close the door behind me. Ariana's hair was tasseled all over her pillow, soft snores escaping those incredibly pump and soft lips of her's.

Utter perfection. And even that was an understatement.

I tip toed my way over to the side of her bed and leaned down, kissing her forehead. She didn't stir, and I knew that she was truly fast asleep. We had stayed up last night watching Call Me by Your Name, as it was Ariana's first time watching it. Needless to say, countless makeout sessions and sobbing sesions ensued, keeping the two of us up until 2am. I, myself, had no trouble waking up this morning, as I am an early riser. However, I'm glad my girl is getting her rest.

I smiled to myself giddily, my heart pounding wildly in my chest.

I'm so in love with this girl.

Is it too soon?

Probably not, but I don't know.

I shook off my anxiety and walked towards the sliding doors of the balcony, petting a sleeping Toulouse at the foot of our bed as I walked. Quietly sliding the glass doors open, I slithered through the opening and softly closed the doors behind me. I sighed contently, setting my coffee mug on the balcony floor as I sat on the single Adirondack chair that was out there. I fished my hand into my joggers and pulled out my puff bar, taking a hit and exhaling softly, admiring the way the gentle and crisp breeze carried the vapor out of sight and out of mind. I let my body relax into the temporary buzz it gave me and put the bar in between my lips, inhaling yet again as I reached for my journal, which I keep tucked behind a potted plant on the balcony.

I'm not trying to embarrass myself in front of her, especially with all the sappy shit I write about her.

I chuckle to myself quietly as I flip open to the next blank page, exhaling the vapor in which I was inhaling and clicked open my pen, in which was tucked into the journal as well. I then took a moment to visibly absorb the aesthetically pleasing sight of the sun rising before my eyes, lighting up the trees and everything in sight. I tucked the puff bar back into my joggers pocket and began writing, taking a quick swig of my coffee beforehand.

Hello again,

Quarantine sucks fucking ass and I hate it. I have felt a whole range of emotions during this quarantine. There are times where I'm thankful for the slow down, thankful for being safe in my home with my beautiful girlfriend and my friends, and then my mind shoots off to some scary place filled with dread and worry of the unknown. My heart breaks for all the people suffering right now. It's a scary time and we're all trying to navigate this uncharted territory of quarantine life. But this quarantine has also opened my eyes to so many things my mind was too clouded or too busy to realize before. On the bright side, however, all this time with Ariana has made me beyond incredibly happy, and I feel myself falling harder and harder for her. I know I'm in love with her, and as much as I desire to tell her that, I feel like it's too soon. But then again, the universe has its unique way of telling you things.