𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦

BAD DAYS.
- skepnoblade -

Zak ran into the class, sliding into his seat just as the bell rang. He inhaled loudly, catching his breath as he blinked and looked up, being met with a fierce glare by his teacher.

"Why are you nearly late, Zak?"

The boy looked up at his teacher, feeling his throat ache and burn slightly.

"Sorry, my alarm didn't go off at the right time."

A few kids giggled, making the teacher sigh. "It's okay, just do not let it happen again. That would've been your third tardy this week, which would have given you a detention."

Zak nodded, and began working out the problems on the board. This was going to be a long day.

And so, Zak was right.

He was late to his second class, giving him a detention. He had flunked his third hour test, having been so tired during the day and not even paying attention in that class as a whole. When lunch rolled around, his best friend, Darryl, had accidentally spilt a drink on his favorite hoodie, but Zak was quick to brush it off as fine; though, his patience was slipping quickly.

While Zak walked down the hallway, he clenched his books tightly. His anxiety was high, and he got even more anxious every time someone stepped past him, scared something would go wrong. He was right, it did go wrong.

A boy in skinny black jeans, light pink shoes, light pink hoodie, with glasses and chestnut colored hair accidentally jumped into him, causing his books to fall everywhere. Zak grit his teeth, but he couldn't keep it in.

"Oh wow, this is just so great! I've never been more happy in my entire damn life, why the hell can't anything go right tod-"

His books were shoved back in his arms, the taller boy walking away. Zak blinked down at his arms, surprised the boy helped him as he ranted.

"Thank you.. I guess?" The smaller boy rolled his eyes, obviously still upset about his day being extremely bad. He couldn't forget that boy though, he knew he had him in some class, but he was normally quiet. It's okay, he'd probably forget about him through out the day.

As time went on for Zak, he couldn't. He only had two minutes left of his second to last hour, and he couldn't stop thinking about him. Maybe it was the way that he stuck out; his pink sweater, yes. Maybe even the way he was the only thing that had actually went right that day for him. The bell rang, and he got up nervously, walking outside the door. His clumsiness overcame him, or maybe just his bad luck, as he fell.

He never reached the cold floor though, and instead was pulled upward by the same boy. He was much taller than Zak, which oddly made him feel butterflies in his chest. The boy turned, about to walk away again.

"Wait, um, what's your name?"

"My name is Dave."

"I like that name."

As the months and weeks passed on, the two boys had grown literally inseparable. They hung out everyday, and even played video games. As time began to pass by, Zak found himself falling more and more for the chestnut haired boy. Currently, the two boys were walking around the park.

"Dude, I love the park, sounds stupid but it's peaceful." Dave inhaled the nicely smelling wind, the pretty grass and the smell of the nice clear pond. Zak blushed, his eyes sparkling in admiration. "I do too, it's easy to clear your mind."

Zak had been nervously and uneasily twitching with his hoodie strings, a lump building in his throat as his head was clouded with thoughts. He wanted to tell Dave how he felt about him, oddly.

"Hey, you okay?" Dave asked gently, coming to a stop and turning to look at the nervous wreck of a boy.

His chocolate eyes stared into Zaks dark chocolate swirls, making Zak laugh nervously. "Can I talk to you?"

"You're alresdy doing that, nerd."

Zak rolled his eyes. "Dave, you make me really happy, happier than normal; you make me have butterflies in my stomach, and you make me think everything will be okay. Ever since the day everything was going wrong, you walked into my life and you helped me. I love you."

The taller boy stopped in his tracks, making Zak gulp nervously. "It's okay if you don't feel the same-"

Dave gently pulled the smaller into a kiss, their soft lips gently touching one another as he pulled away, being met with Zaks surprised stare. His face broke out into a smile eventually.

"I love you too Zak."

"Really?"

"Forever and always."

Words; 790.