𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

WHAT'S IT LIKE IN NEW YORK CITY?
- skepnoblade -
[ gender bent because i had
a nose bleed over genderbent
techno for an hour , its a vent woop ]

Zoe's hands balled into fists, the short girl stared at the floor as she listened to Delilah's poor excuses of not putting in effort into their relationship. Zoe had raven hair, down to her shoulders and a blue hoodie on, with black shorts. She could feel the tears brim her brown eyes, and she looked up.

"I hate you! I hate you, Delilah!" She yelled, making the girl flinch in front of her. She had short pink hair, and rose colored eyes, she was tall, pale, and wore a pink hoodie, with black ripped jeans.

"After all we've been through, Zoe? You're just gonna throw it all away? Forget about it, even?"

Zoe shook, the short girl unable to hold in her emotions, and her tears as she burst into them, grabbing her face and sobbing. "Yes, Delilah. Go away, I want you moved out in a week."

Delilah frowned, turning and looking back at the girl she use to gently run her fingers throughs hair, the same girl she use to connect her own soft pink lips to the blueberry chapstick flavored lips, the way she would gently hold her hand and watch as Zoe's eyes lit up at the small things. She felt crushed.

She walked to her room, shutting the door and sliding down it gently. She cried into her hands, the salty, warm liquid occasionally slipping into her lips as she cried, but she tried to calm down. The anxiety deep inside her was screaming, and it was louder than ever. She shook, looking at the floor. She only had a week to find a new place to stay in, a week to forget her feelings for the one girl she loved and longed to kiss still.

The sun rose, marking off one day to find a new apartment. Delilah didn't want to leave her room, the fear of seeing Zoe and it no longer being the same had eaten her up, but she knew she couldn't just stay in her room all week. She sighed, nervously opening the door and looking out, noticing Zoe cooking at the stove.

Delilah felt the memories rush to her.

"Zoeee," Delilah mumbled, her head nuzzling into Zoe's neck as she flipped the eggs. "Oh my god you're such a baby, Dee." Zoe rolled her eyes at Delilah, and she giggled. "You're more of a baby." She retorted back, her hands wrapped around Zoe's waist. Zoe smiled, turning around and kissing her nose. "Cute."

"Not as cute as you."

"Makin' eggs?" Delilah asked fo clear her thoughts, Zoe seemed a bit surprised. "Uh, an egg yeah."

Delilah hummed, grabbing a box of cereal and pouring it in her own bowl. "Nice."

Awkward silence, awkward tension. The sound of the sizzling egg was the only thing that could be heard, until Delilah plopped her spoon in her bowl. She walked to her room, not wanting it to be awkward to eat in the living room with Zoe.

The girl sat at her desk, clicking on her laptop and scrolling through apartment options. Most of them were in New York City, which wasn't that far but it was far enough. They lived in Buffalo, NY. She found a decent looking one, clicking on it and intently looking at the pictures as she ate her cereal, sighing nervously and running her fingers through her short hair. She leaned against the bed post, and after three hours of searching, she had found it. The perfect apartment.

The next day, she had told Zoe of her moving out. She would be moving out in two days. Zoe thanked her of course, and said she'd miss her.

Currently, Delilah was playing her computer, running around on minecraft and killing random kids. Her door cracked open, making her immediately turn around.

"Hey, Dee, wanna watch a movie?" Zoe nervously asked, her eyes scanning the floor instead, but slowly traveling up to Delilah's eyes. She smiled, nodding slowly. "Sure," she turned the computer off quickly, and got up, walking with Zoe to the couch. They didn't sit by each other, but not too far from one another either. Zoe had made popcorn, and turned the movie on. It was some kind of scary one, but neither of them seemed fazed at first.

12:34 P M

Zoe had somehow found her head against Delilah's chest, her eyes blinking to stay awake as she stared at the TV. "Zoe, just sleep silly," Delilah chuckled, feeling the heat rise to her cheeks at how close Zoe was. She whined, her hands wrapping around Delilah's arm.

"No," she began, making the taller sigh. "Come on," she picked Zoe up, walking to her room and gently placing her on the bed. "Go to bed, okay?"

"Wait," Zoe grabbed Delilah tiredly, pulling her down onto the bed with her. "Stay. It's lonely without you," she hugged Delilah close, her eyes closing. Delilah blushed, her cheeks going read. "Okay, just this night."

She held her boxes, looking at Zoe. Zoe's arms were crossed, staring at the ground as her tears built up again, she had still been in love with Delilah, she still wanted to be with her, but she screwed it up. Now she was moving away, all because of something she had said.

"Dee," Zoe began, looking up. Delilah had tears in her eyes too. "I wish you luck, okay? You'll still talk to me right?" Zoe asked nervously, shifting to her right foot.

Delilah nodded. "Of course I will."

"Okay, good."

It was quiet in Zoe's apartment now, it was for months. Delilah's room was empty, nothing but pink walls. Zoe would often sit in it, just staring at the bare walls. She missed the company of the confident girl.

She pulled out her phone nervously, opening Twitter. She was shocked by what she had saw.

Delilah, her arms wrapped around another girls neck. The girls lips on Delilah's cheek.

Zoe felt tears roll down her cheeks, feeling her heart ache and break. She opened the messages, and typed to Delilah.

"What's it like in NewYork City?"

But it was okay. She already knew the answer.

Words; 1053.