Chapter 35: For You

I woke up late the next morning. I had stayed with Oliver and he said he'd help me move out of Laurel's apartment when the time came.

I looked to my left, Oliver nowhere to be seen. I slid out of bed and pulled on one of his sweatshirts and headed downstairs. I found him in the living room speaking with his mother in an angry and low tone. About Thea, I realized.

"...is her real father. And you didn't think it was necessary to tell either of us?" Oliver was saying.

"Oliver." Moira said carefully, "You don't understand. It was better that Thea didn't know who her real father was.  But that's not important right now, because she never came home last night!"

There was a pause. "She probably stayed with a friend or- "

"No. I already called all of her friends." Moira said tensely.

I stepped into the room and they both looked at me. "What happened to Thea?"

"She disappeared. We don't know where she is. She won't answer her phone or anything." Moira said, looking anguished.

"I'll find her then." I said with a nod and tied my black hair into a bun. "Where was she seen last?"

"Well, last night. At the rally. She ended up leaving early. And then never showed up."

"Do you think she ran away?" I asked.

"No. She wouldn't." Moira said. "She-"

"I don't mean to be rude, but you two were talking about her real father. Does she know? Who he is?" They looked at each other and Moira looked frustrated and I added, "I'm not assuming anything. Just saying. She's eighteen years old." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"It's possible. But Thea would still have her phone and would have answered it by now to tell us to leave her alone." Oliver said. "That's why we think she's been kidnapped."

I clenched my jaw. "I think I know what this is." I pulled out my phone and went onto the app that controlled the tracker I put on Slade's car. I looked through where he was last night and where he went.

I handed the phone to Moira and said blandly, "Your new friend Slade is full of shit."

Moira looked at me and said harshly, "Maria. This means nothing. And why would you have put a tracker on his car of all places? You can't just blame him for this. What cause would he have to harm Thea?"

I looked at Oliver and he said, "Tell her what you want. It's your story."

I nodded then looked at Moira and said, "Slade was on the Island with Oliver and I. He's my ex. And things happened and to make a painfully long story short, he wants revenge on me, and the only way to do that because I have no family that he can find or knows about, he's going after Oliver and his family. Moira do not trust him. Whatever he tells you or says. Whatever he does. Do not trust him. Do not give him any reason to think you are anything but compliant with what he says, either, because if you do, he'll start killing people. And I cannot let that happen."

Moira slowly sank into a chair and I reached out and rested a hand on her shoulder. "I'm going to get Thea back, don't worry."

She looked at me for a long time, then said, "Didn't you tell me you work with the Arrow?"

"I did, yes. I still do. Why?"

"He may need to help you. If he's as dangerous as you seem to think, I don't want you going out there alone. Even if Slade is after you and even if you have these skills from the League."

"Don't worry, Mrs. Queen. He'll help me. I'm sure of it." I paused. "Who is Thea's father, anyways, if you don't mind me asking? Your secret is safe with me."