𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 : 𝐈𝐍𝐉𝐔𝐑𝐘

MEI XIANG'S FIRST INTERACTION WITH THE MEMBERS PART TWO

**✿❀ ❀✿**

after what seemed like an eternity of practice finally came to an end. it was finally the long-awaited end of the week.

it was currently 1:34 am and mei xiang was in one of the empty dance studios, practicing black on black as she simply wasn't satisfied. she had been popping into the dance studios at midnight for the past three days alone to perfect her moves. the scoldings she received from the practices really pushed herself to practice even more.

once the girl was finished with her first round of practice, she reached for her phone again to replay the song. when the song neared her (only) center part which consisted of a move that required her to spin her whole body, her foot tangled together, causing her to trip and twist her ankle. the girl let out a small shriek as she fell onto the floor. she held her ankle and winced in pain, the throbbing pain of her ankle was unnecessarily adding more frustration and agony she was already feeling.

mei xiang wasn't the one to cry easily when she felt pain but somehow she found herself weeping as she held her ankle weakly.

"god this was a horrible choice!" she cried, running her hands through her hair. suddenly, a shaft of artificial light creaked through the door along with a silhouette of a figure. mei xiang was too caught up in her breakdown to even notice the figure.

"mei xiang?" her head snapped to the figure who practically sprinted towards the crying girl. mei xiang quickly wiped her tears from her face and licked her dry lips, her hands retreating away from her foot.

"winwin? wh-what are you doing here?" she sniffled.

"shouldn't I be the one asking you that? more importantly, why are you crying all by yourself in the dance studio at midnight?" he shot back. mei xiang chewed on her lips to think of a reasonable lie but at the spur of the moment, she had no thoughts other than: "my legs hurt like hell."

silence filled the air. winwin sighed and sat down besides mei xiang.

"were you practicing?" he asked, this time in mandarin. the male spoke in mandarin in hopes of making mei xiang more comfortable with him.

"yeah...i was. i just didn't really feel satisfied with how i look like when i dance," she mumbled, playing with her long socks. winwin looked at her from the mirror ,

"why? you dance amazingly," he muttered, eyes still not meeting hers.

mei xiang gave a dry chuckle, "sure. but not in a good way. i stand out too much between you all," mei xiang's sentence made winwin raise a brow.

"what do you mean by that?"

"don't you see? you all have been professionally trained for male dances while i, on the other hand, have been trained for years with a female teacher. we've been taught different techniques and forms. and learning ballet for four years definitely does not help me in this situation. the way my body was taught to move is different than the way you were taught." she explained, giving a loud sigh.