Prologue: Elemental Wiccan Pt.1

Quick Note: This work is also posted on my quotev, archiveofourown and fanfiction.net account. 

~~~~~~~

There was blood everywhere. Splattered all over the barn floor and walls. Headless bodies laid on the floor, their heads not too far away from their owners.

With a cry, another fell to the ground, the head hitting the boot of the person who cut the head off.

With a sigh the person flipped their machete in their hand and their blue eyes looked around at the fallen bodies around them.

"Well that was fun." She said. She picked up a lock of her long white hair in disgust seeing that it was stained in red. "Awesome, just what I wanted."

She huffed, letting her hand fall to her side. Not only was her hair coated in blood, but her clothing, hands and face were covered as well. A sudden ringtone made her jump.

She pulled out her phone from her jacket pocket and hit the answer button. "Hello?" "Isabeau Fitzgerald! Are you crazy?! Hunting a vampire nest this late?"

Isabeau cringed at her mother's voice screaming through the line. "Sorry mom. It was sort of last minute."

Her mother scoffed. "Last minute my ass. You're farther and I have been worried sick! Your brothers are wondering where you are!"

Isabeau's jaw ticket. Of course she had to bring her three younger brothers into the argument. "Don't use them against me. I'll be home within the hour. Then my brothers can latch onto me like leeches all they like."

Her mother breathed out. "Just drive safely. No stopping. Straight home. I'll make us some tea and we'll talk."

Isabeau smiled. "Yes, ma'am. On my way." Isabeau hung up the phone and walked out of the barn. She took out her car keys, smiling as her black 1958 Chevrolet Impala convertible came into view. "Hello, sweetheart."

Her impala was an 18th birthday gift from her grandfather who taught her how to fix the old beauty up. Isabeau wasn't much of a car person, but when it came to the oldies, she was absolutely in love with them.

Isabeau slid into her car, not bothering to pull up the hood. Night air always calmed her down after a hunt. The car roared to life, making her smile even more. "Let's head home."

***

Isabeau pulled up to a stone cottage house, shaking her head seeing her three younger brothers waiting at the door for her. She turned off the car, stepping out and walked up to the door. "What are you still doing up? You got school tomorrow?"

Isabeau was a little upset that her mother didn't put them back to bed. Her brothers ignored her and started asking questions instead.

"How many were there?" The eldest of the three, Alphonse asked. Alphone was 13 years old, strawberry blonde curls sat on top of his head, and had blue-green eyes.

"How'd you kill them?" The middle one, Eugene asked. Eugene was 11 and shared the same curls as his older brother but had light brown hair with blonde highlights in them and shared Isabeau's blue eyes.

"How did you find them?" And finally the youngest, Dion. Dion was 9 years old and even though he didn't have the same curls as his brothers, he had the bright strawberry blonde hair with tinges of brown near the ends and had the greenest eyes of the bunch.

Isabeau raised a brow at them. Her brothers were 100% far from normal. "There were 10 of them. I killed them with a machete. And how I found them is none of your goddamn business, Dion."

All her brothers did was smile at her. Isabeau's shoulders slumped. "Alright, get to bed. Let me take a shower. I'll tell you about it in the morning. Deal?" Her brothers nodded, running into the house and racing up the stairs to their rooms, eager to fall asleep and hear their sisters' story in the morning.

She rolled her eyes, walking into her home and closed the door behind her. "Why didn't you put them to bed?" Isabeau glared at her mother, who was sitting in the living room with a cup of coffee in her hand.

Her mother had long light brown hair with a slight curl to it and her eyes were an unbelievable ice blue. "Why did you hunt a vampire's nest at 2 in the morning?" Isabeau rolled her eyes as a man with red hair with curly strawberry blonde highlights and green eyes walked in.

"Yvette. She had a good reason." He said. Her mother, Yvette, scoffed. "Bartholmieu, you knew?" Bartholmieu sighed.

Isabeau raised her arms. "Don't blame dad, okay? I told him that the nest was close to feeding on innocent people. I didn't want to tell either of you, especially with All Hallows Eve coming up in the next couple of days, but dad found out. Mom, please."

Yvette sighed, setting down her cup of coffee and smiled softly at her daughter. "Alright. But next time you go out on a hunt, you tell us. Even if we are busy." Isabeau pressed her lips together and nodded.

"Now, go. Take a shower, I'll take care of your clothes. Once you're done, come back down for a cup of tea. None of us are getting sleep anytime soon." Isabeau nodded at her mother and headed up the stairs to get rid of the blood that stained her body.

Yvette and Bartholmieu watched as their daughter climbed up the stairs and disappeared from their line of vision. Bartholmieu placed a hand on his wife's shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze. "She's not our little girl anymore. She's a hunter, fully capable of taking care of herself." Yvette said nothing but continued to stare where her daughter left her sight.

Bartholmieu leaned down on his knees next to her. Yvette took in a shaky breath and nodded. "I know she's strong, I-I just... I just worry about her. Not just her hunting, she has my powers and your powers combined. An elemental and a wiccan. A hybrid."

Yvette clutched her husband's hand in fear. Bartholmieu smiled, reaching up to pull her close and place a kiss on her temple. "I know, she's a target from both sides. But I have faith. Isabeau is our daughter and we raised her well. Taught her right from wrong. She knows how to use her powers for the better."

Yvette felt at ease with Bartholmieu's words. Yvette knew the dangers of hunting, she knew that her daughter would follow the family business. Yvette looked back at her life when she was her daughters age. A fully capable fire elemental and a hunter. Fighting alongside her own parents and sisters. And soon fighting with the witch and hunter, who was now her husband Bartholmieu. It was never easy for them, but it turned out alright in the end.

Bartholmieu stood up and pulled Yvette up with him, leading them both to the kitchen. "Come, Isabeau is gonna want a piece of cheesecake with her tea." Yvette chuckled at his statement. "You spoil our daughter."

"Only because you let me."