Giggles, and the Truth

School was entirely uneventful, except for Jordy putting on a huge Spring Fling proposal to Tzina during lunch. They had been dating for a few months, and I'd felt like an awkward third wheel on more than one occasion. Tzina, Jordy and I were walking home when Jordy surprised me completely.

"So, what's this I hear about Lydia liking a boy?" I whipped my head toward Tzina.

"You told him?" My voice was a little louder than normal, and Tzina flinched, then relaxed when she realized I wasn't mad.

"Sorry! You just never like ANYONE, it seems."

"So, wait, you do like someone?" This was Jordy.

"Yes, she does, and he is actually kind of cute, but I can think of someone who is way cuter." Tzina said this last part to Jordy with a sappy look on her face. He kissed her lightly, and I rolled my eyes. Talk about third-wheeling. Tzina pulled out her phone and scrolled through her pictures, stopping on one of the list of boys from the sleepover.

"Wait, you still have that? I was shocked. She had promised to delete it! 

"Sorry." She was entirely unapologetic. "This is Lyds crush." She zoomed in on Jacks's face and showed it to Jordy.

"Not bad." He nodded his approval. "And Tzina also told me he was staying with you guys." He looked at me, and saw me glaring at Tzina. "Please, don't kill her, I might have to retaliate." I smiled.

"Can I also assume that the whole school knows?" Tzina had a bad habit of flabbing her mouth to everyone. I loved the girl, but really, it could be quite annoying.

"Nope. Lyds, you should be proud. I thought about telling some of our other friends, but I didn't!" She looked immensely proud of herself. We had reached Tzina's house, Jordy had started to walk up the path to her door. Tzina hugged me. "Go get him, girl." She whispered, and shot me a teasing look. I punched her arm lightly, and walked on. I got to my house and stood on the porch, not ready to go in just yet. Alice opened the door. 

"What is this?" She sounded angry. I looked at the paper she was holding. It was the list and the pictures of the boys from the sleepover.

"Um, just a thing that a friend and I did weeks ago."

"Rating boys, one to ten. And Jack is a 10? What the heck Lydia?" Then she smiled. "Jack?!?!?!" She whispered giggly. "I can't believe it! I think he likes you too." My heart fluttered in my chest. Alice pulled me inside, and we collapsed onto the couch. We were both giggling uncontrollably by now, and my face was beet red, I could feel it. Jack walked in, and I shoved the paper under a cushion. 

"What is going on?" He looked confused.

"Nothing." I said, giggling even harder. Alice shoved me a little, and I fell off the couch and onto my backpack, the corner of a textbook jamming into my shoulder. "Ow!" Jack walked over.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I think so." He reached a hand down. I took it, and he pulled me up. We were standing so close, I could see the faint freckles on the bridge of his nose. My breath hitched just a little. He stepped back, and so did I. Alice looked at me knowingly, and I gave her a look. Together, we ran upstairs, leaving Jack standing in the middle of the living room,  utterly confused.

^^^^^^^^^^

Authors Note

Oh no! Alice knows! But she doesn't seem to mad, which is a good thing. I'm sorry if this chapter was a little short, but my mind is going all over the place for two reasons.

1. The next chapter is going to be AMAZING!!!!

2. I'm writing another book right now (Its called because i said so, in all lower case, in case you were wondering. You should check it out) and my mind is overflowing with ideas for that one. 

Also, YAAYYY to 100 views! Thank you!!!

Comment, vote, and tell me what you think

Lots of love,

Sammie K