It starts with mumbling

Normal

That was how it always was. Normal for Team Prime. Scouting for energon, talking with their human friends, having Fowler occasionally storm in, complaining about Decepticons or their incompetence, fighting Decepticons on the battlefield and either loosing or winning, depending on what happened during that battle. Currently, it was quiet. Ratchet was typing away as usual, trying to decode something or other, Miko was chatting with the wrecker she called a friend and guardian, Bulkhead, who was enjoying her company. Raphael was playing a simple racing video game with Bumblebee near the human area, the occasional 'blip' or 'boop' could be heard, followed by a few giggles as the two conversed. Jack was out with Arcee on a drive, probably silent as they silently roared across the grey roads of Jasper, and their glorious boss bot, Optimus Prime, stood in the hallway, silent, his processor clear, his frame relaxed...

Normal.

But then... it started. Out of nowhere. 
It was seemingly nowhere but everywhere.
A single, quiet, mumbling, somewhere. 
He looked around, but nobody was saying anything. Miko had quieted down, the TV was shut off, Jack and Arcee weren't back, Ratchet had taken a break... but it was still there. Mumbling. He couldn't un-hear it, and it wouldn't go away, no matter what he did. He listened intently, but it didn't get any louder, or quieter, it didn't make any sense or didn't seem to be saying anything at all. It was muffled at times, then right next to his audio receptor at other times. Seemingly behind him one minute, then in front the next. Far to the left, then close to the right. Optimus thought at first someone was in the vents, but it changed so fast, it couldn't be in the vents. Optimus was able to ignore it, deciding maybe he was just tired, and decided to go rest his processor and began to make his way down the hallway to his berthroom, the voice still... there. Upon entering his room and closing the door, the voice seemed to echo on the walls in the dark, enclosed space. He always found the darkness comforting, laying down on his berth and staring at the ceiling, but as he did so, the voice distracted his processor, fuzziness seemed to overcome his thoughts, and he wondered what was going on, when suddenly the voice vanished from his audio receptors, and nothing was said. Relief washed over the Prime, letting out a gentle sigh with a small, faint smile, and he rested his optics, thinking that was the end of it.

Oh how he was wrong.

(430 words. Would have written more but this is an intro :V)