Distraction...

It was difficult to ignore it now. It would startle him by clearly whispering into his audio receptors words of ignorance to words of Encouragement, seemingly at random, and clear as day.

During his work, typing out a document of sorts on a datapad, a page that should have been typed in under an hour, took two whole hours long, because of Prime having to take breaks due to the constant distraction of the words in his audio receptors, startling him out of his state of ease and calm, and having to take a swig of Energon, or go for a quick drive in those two hours, to prevent frustration, anger, or stress.

As he tried talking to Ratchet about the codes for coordinates being decoded, the voice kept coming up midway, and he'd stop talking, or stop Ratchet halfway through a sentence, and was obviously frustrated by the voice, but Ratchet thought Optimus was just tired and lost in thought, so he told him they'd talk in the morning once he was better.

The next fight would be the worst of these distractions, as the mission had been compromised by Decepticons. The Autobots had one objective: get to an energon reserve they'd found some time ago, and as usual, mine the usual amount of energon to turn into cubes, and bring them back to base for purifying and configuring. It was about 20 miles or so away from Jasper's little town where Miko, Jack, and Raph lived, and was deep within some abandoned mines, that had since been closed off by the government, so the bots could do their digging there when Energon was found. No Decepticon bothered to go there, until now, when their scanners somehow picked up the massive energon signatures beneath the solid rock and scanner scramblers all around, not too far off from the mine was Optimus, Arcee, Bulkhead, and Bumblebee, driving to the mines as the Decepticons began to pick up the signal for their monthly grab. The Humans opened the large metal gates, attached to an electric, tall fence, surrounding the restricted area by a vast width between the actual entrance and the fence, and let the four in. A few miles away, the Warship, the Nemesis, was turning its course to the mines, its thrusters roaring to life as it started to gain speed and altitude over Jasper's barren landscape, Megatron stood on the bridge, watching outside the massive glass windows, a smirk crossing his faceplates, behind him, Vehicons stood at their stations, some typing, some pushing buttons and pulling dials, two checking diagnostics, and two guarding at the doors, Soundwave stood not too far behind the warlord, ready to obey commands, and update his Lord on anything new.

As the bots rolled in and transformed at the entrance, Optimus resisted the urge to jump when he heard the voice once more, swiftly whispering one of many sweet nothings it had been whispering for the past three hours now, and by this point, Prime was just expecting them at every turn and twist of his day. Entering the mine an hour after they had left the base, only thirty minutes later would the Decepticons arrive. Within these thirty minutes, the voice spoke every five-ten minutes, distracting Prime from helping his Team drilling and mining around energon veins. Meanwhile outside, fifteen minutes before the Decepticons would arrive, human scanners began to pick up a unknown, fuzzy, and large signal some twenty thousand feet above the ground a few miles away from their location, and lowering quickly, descending on their position. They tried to contact the unknown signal, and got nothing. Five minutes before they began their assault, they uncloaked, now seen not too far away.  Only minutes later, would humans be fleeing from the scene, as blaster fire from Vehicons and the warship above pelted the ground. Underneath the earth, the Autobots heard the ensuing chaos, and ran out to protect the humans, reverting the fire onto them instead of the helpless fleshlings.

Prime was constantly distracted at this point as he fought side by side with his team by the single voice that was now constantly whispering into his audio receptor, making it near impossible to actually here comms from his own team members at times, or comm his team in return, and seemed distracted during fights, even Vehicons were hard to take down in this ensuing battle, and when Megatron came down to battle with the Prime, he easily won, but had troubles with the Autobots, as Optimus was simply too distracted to even take a swing at Megatron. That was when the Autobots knew something was disturbing the Prime, and causing his processor to loose focus on reality and be focused on something else. They narrowly won the battle without Optimus, and he, now unconscious, was taken back to base with the rest of the Autobots.

If anything, Prime would wish this was the worst of it, but it wasn't even the middle of the chaos.

((830 words. :D I did it-))