It's clear now

Echos. Silent Echos. Optimus lay on the metal floor in his berthroom and heard only echos of the voice. He closed his optics, his helm swirling in agony and pain, audio receptors ringing constantly as the echos only worsened with each passing second, mumbling to screaming, screaming to whispers, whispers to silence, and silence to mumbling. The voice didn't even try to make any sense anymore, it didn't try to encourage him, hurt him, abuse him or even take any enjoyment from his torture, it just distracted him. Echos. Echos echos echos-

Then it stopped. It all vanished immediately. Not a peep from his processor, his audio receptors soon stopped ringing and only his breathing could be heard. But he couldn't relax. He knew it was still there. He waited. And for a whole hour nothing happened. His helmache was still there but it wasn't as bad with a constant noise. Like a relieving moment he couldn't even enjoy because who knows when the voice will return-

"Hello."

Optimus jumped. Clear as day. Right above him. A voice that he couldn't describe. It wasn't normal, but it wasn't unnatural either. It sounded so calm and so at ease and so soothing, yet so hostile and angry and uneasy. Optimus opened his optics and saw nothing. "Oh you won't see me." It chuckled. "But I am very real, Prime. I am very, very aware that your sanity is slowly melting away like ice, like grains of sand drifting across the beaches of this green planet, they have no destination and yet they go anywhere, a single grain of sand in billions of trillions of other grains, each grain of sand representing a small bit of your sanity, and as it drifts off from one area to another, it simply doesn't fit together anymore. It's everywhere, no grain being alike, no amount of sanity in you will be intact, just like all that sand, because at one point, they were whole, but now look..." He was making it so long and annoying just to drive him up the wall. "Your fading. I can help you..." Optimus growled quietly and finally responded to it, verbally. "You aren't real. Your just my old age driving me up the fragging wall..." He tried to be quiet.

"Oh, Prime, that may be true but I am the truth your trying to fight, to hide within the corners of your processor, like a echo in a sealed room. But I got free, to help you, Orion..." Optimus sat up, groaning. "...What do you mean by help?" It laughed. "Much better! I can help guide you to a better, less helpless path. I can help get rid of things you don't need, and bring in the more helpful stuff. Those pesky humans will have to do first-" "No. Forget it. I'm not doing scrap to humans."

"Oh so be it, but I will help you, by force, or by willingness to proceed into a better future for your sanity~" He let him be for now. Optimus crawled up onto his berth, and soon fell into a deep recharge...

516 words :D