Chapter 14

Author's Note:

Guess who's back? back again ? Starlet's back tell a friend. Honestly I feel absolutely horrible for cutting off everyone here on wattpad since I haven't been on as frequently. I apologize to the people messaging me and I have replied to everyone I could before starting this chapter. I hope you enjoy :) KLDFGKSJDFGKLJDF THE SONG <3 !

Song: I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Aerosmith

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthea's POV

It's a little bit funny when you play the role of someone you're not. When you are crying over a boy who was never really yours. I refused to be that weak little girl who cried over someone who would truly never love her back. Ironically while trying to find my knight in shining armor, I realized he was an idiot in tin foil. It seems everyone makes mistakes. Mine was loving the wrong person. 

I rubbed my eyes and looked around. Somehow I woke up in my own bed but hadn't I fallen asleep watching Titanic... with Carter? Scanning the room I only found only quiet and darkness. I didn't feel like getting up it was one of those days. I squeezed my eyes shut hoping I would wake up from this awful nightmare. This summer was like nothing I expected it to be.

On the other hand Grandma and Grandpa were dropping in again from their last business trip. I could finally enjoy a meal with them. Nova, my maid and the closest thing to a friend I had here- peeked in. 

"Anthea someone dropped by he was wondering if you'd like to get some lunch ? I guess it's a little late for breakfast." I looked at the clock on my bedside table and she was right it was 12:15 in the afternoon. I shrugged and hopped out of my bed, curious of whom was taking me out at this time. Sure enough I turned around the corner and smiled, it was Carter. 

"Hi you, feeling any better?" Carter said. He had his hands in his pockets and was rocking on his heels like a little kid. I internally awwwed. It was such an innocent gesture. 

"I guess but I really can't go to lunch with you, my grandparents finally came back and we'll be eating together as a family.." I felt guilty watching his expression fell. Did Carter Malcolm really care if I missed a lunch date ? 

"Well maybe I could join you ? I've already met your grandparents so I might as well. If you invite me that is," he smiled boyishly. I could finally have something to do and someone to hang out with. Being stuck in this huge mansion wasn't so bad but it gets lonely sometimes. Nova was the only one here except the chefs that came at designated times and same with the butlers. So was giving Carter a chance really that bad ? 

"Of course I'd like that can you come back at 1 ? Dress casually." I skimmed his outfit up and down and seemed to notice he was always in business attire. "Don't you ever just wear a T-shirt and jeans?" I asked.

"Not while I'm always in the public eye, it's hard being related to someone so powerful and rich as my father."

"I get where you're coming from," I smiled understandingly. I hugged him quickly, although he was a little surprised he quickly hugged me back. I hope he understood that was my thank you for all of yesterday. He left after that I began to panic. I don't like Carter , the last thing I need is another boy in my life... While trying on some clothes I got a phone call. 

"Hello?" I said. 

"THEA ! Guess who ?" answered the familiar voice.

"LUNA ? Is that you?" 

"Who else would it be dumb ass? My trip was cut short, I got pretty upset so I asked my mom if I could go to Bradford to visit you ! I kind of need a ride from the airport though-" I cut her off, excited knowing I'd get to see my best friend again.