Byler Affair

Thank you to t0mb0yw33d for the story Idea

( There is not really a time period for this OneShot.)

    Mike and Will had been sneaking around for 4 months now behind El's back. At first, they felt guilty but that didn't last long. Their "Summer Fling" has just turned into a Fall one.  Something had to change. Let's start from the beginning. 

4 Months Ago 

    Mike and Will have had their fair share of awkward moments filled with tension that "just friends" don't have. Today was no different, Mike was driving Will around and they were just talking and joking until Mike started making fun of something El asked him. " She said Mike, Can we get married?" Mike and Will burst out in laughter. 

    She heard Joyce talking about marriage and asked what it was, Joyce told her that it's what people do when they are in love and want to make it more official.  So El asked Mike because she was getting bored with their relationship but wouldn't tell him because she didn't want to hurt his feelings. 

    Mike suddenly got serious again " Will, Can I tell you something?" " Mhm," Will responded not understanding how serious what Mike was about to say was. 

  " I don't want to marry her, I mean I'm only 17 but I can't imagine staying with her for the rest of my life."

    " That's okay Mike, don't feel any pressure and don't do anything you don't want to do." Will said softly but surely.  " Thanks,  " Mike hesitated. 

 "  Will, I love you. You're the best friend I've ever had." 

    " I love you too," Will replied, relieved that he could tell him that, except his, I love you had a different meaning.. and so did MIke's. 

    Without thinking, Mike reached over and put his hand on Will's knee almost as a reassuring pat but his hand stayed there. Will glanced at Mike before putting his hand resting on top of Mike's. He didn't flinch nor back down. Their hands stayed like that for a while until Mike couldn't take it anymore. 

   He squeezed Will's hand, testing the waters one more time he pulled over and asked: " What would you do If I kissed you right now?" He asked incredulously. 

A smirk grew on Will's face as he got a surge of confidence and told Mike " Kiss me and find out."

    A fire ignited in both of them as Mike leaned over, he gently turned Will's face toward him and leaned it. Slowly they shared the first of many kisses with each other. The Kiss turned into making out which then escalated from there.  This soon became a pattern that lasted for the next 4 months.

Present Day

" I can't take it anymore, schools starting soon and we're going to be Seniors and all I want is to walk down the halls with my arm around you, take you to Prom and so much more. " Mike confessed to Will who was sitting in his lap.  

    "Okay, let's do it," Will responded after some time. " We can tell El together, that we're in love and it's not her fault you don't like girls." Mike smiled a Will and pulled him closer to Kiss him on the forehead.

" This is gonna be rough," he told Will before they went into El's room, sat her down and broke the news.

    El began sobbing into Will's shoulder as they embraced. "I'm ... n-not ma mad at you t-two." She stuttered out while trying to stop crying. " I love you, Mike, " She confessed as she hugged the other boy after calming down. " but we can't help who we love so I understand and wish you two the best." She spoke and was a lot clearer because she regained her composure.  After a lot of hugs and reassuring words Mike and Will left El's room and as soon as they were out of earshot she began sobbing again. 

    Once senior year came Mike and Will did not miss a chance to display their relationship, they were finally free of hiding.

A/N: I need to go to sleep it's 7 am lol. Make sure to vote and comment. I'm not proofreading this.

WORD COUNT: 715 Words