Is he still waiting for me?

Mare

After leaving the valley I go to the city palace, to talk with Davison. This afternoon there's some soldiers taking a jet to Archeron, and I need to warn him I'm going with them.

The fact that I'm going to see Cal in a few hours is making me sick and felling I have butterflies in my stomach, but besides that I speed up my walk, trying not be late to Scarlet Guard and Montfort represents reunion.

Finnaly I enter the palace, and wend to library, place of the last weekly meetings. I arrive at the entrance and realize I forgot to change my clothes. I'm still with a Montfort suit burnt in the arms and legs of training with Ella and Tyton this morning.
I hear voices inside the library and realize I'm actually late, there's no time to get back home and change my clothes.
Sighing, I bend the sleeves of my suit to hide the damage there and fix my hair, doing a messy braid.

Some people watch me while I enter the room, siting in a semi circle of chairs in the middle. I recognize some Generals I saw in the war with Lakelanders, as General Swan, besides Farley, Davison, Tyton, Ella, Rafe, Elane and Evangeline.

Evangeline. I'm still surprised by the choice she made. I don't say I was not waiting for that, but she's not the same Evangeline Samos she was one year ago. Now she lives side by side with Reds, and with the real love of her life. She's not a princess anymore, not a queen. She's just Evangeline Samos. Evangeline Haven Samos. They got married 3 weeks ago.

- Barrow. - She looks at me with a smile in the corner of her mouth. Looks like she still hates me, but we've actually became friends after the war. I was one of her bridesmaid.

- Samos. - I reply with the same sarcastic tone as her, and sit in the chair next to Farley, gretting her with a smile.

- Later again, Mare Barrow? It's almost part of the routine - General Swan is next to Davison, with one raised eyebrow and a curious smile.

- I think it is, Addison. - I call her by the real name just to annoy her, although that's not what happens. She smiles to me and let Davison proceed with the reunion

- Thank you, General. As I was saying, we got news from Norta. The city is almost completly rebuilt, and the economic and monetary wrecks and breaks are recovering, since most of the population has returned to the capital. There's a jet to there this afternoon, and I was hoping someone would represent Montfort with me. Any volunteers?

Surprisly, Evangeline raise her hand. I though she would never want to go back to the place were she was trapped by a marriage with a prince she'd never wanted to marry; the place were she leaved her parents and let her father die over a trade that she was already aware of. Aparently I was wrong. Maybe that's the taste of freedom.

- Thank you, Mrs. Samos. So I think that's all for today. I hope next week we can get together once agai...

- Excuse me, Davison? Actually I want to volunteer too.

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Evangeline

I can't believe I volunteered to get back there. You freaking stupid, Eve.
What if she's there? I know Julian is a very good singer, but the spell can't last forever. Lorentia Viper can remember who she is and come back to trap you in the same torment.
Just remembering that makes me shiver, besides the chills I already have due to the thin layer of snow that falls on Montfort this afternoon.
I'm in the take-off runway, ready to go.

I say goodbye to Elane, hugging and kissing her lips. Here we finnaly can do that in public. Not like when we had to hide ourselfes.

- Love you. I'll be back as soon as I can - I smile to her.