Wreaker

19. "Please put me down it's just a sprained ankle."

I let out a groan upon listening to Hunter's plan. He had decided us in groups of three, me with Wreaker, Crosshair with Tech, and him with Echo.

"Why am I stuck with Wreaker?" I asked as I glared at Hunter.

"Because I said so, now get to moving." He ordered.

I let out a sigh and followed behind Wreaker. I let out a groan as I slid down the slope and landed on the ground. I put my hands in my pocket and waited for Wreaker to slide down.

"Coming down!" He yelled.

I rolled my eyes and waited for him to make it down. I soon looked up and my eyes went wide as I saw him coming right at me. I jumped out of the way and let out a yelp of pain as I injured my leg. I hit the ground and could feel that it was sprained. Wreaker stood up and turned to look at me in shock.

"Idiot! Why did you slide down so fast?" I asked angrily.

"Your leg looks bad." He said as he looked down at it.

"Yea it's most likely sprained." I said as I went to stand up.

Before I could stand up fully I was picked up. I let out a squeak as I wrapped my arms around Wreaker's neck.

"What do you think you are doing?" I asked as I glared at him.

"I'm carrying you." He said as he started to walk.

"Please put me down it's just a sprained ankle." I said softly.

"No can do." He said as he continued to carry me.

I let out a sigh as he placed me in a chair and turned to look around. He soon found a medkit and came back with it.

"Didn't know you could be so gentle." I said as he bandages my ankle up.

He let out a chuckle and sent me a small smile.

"Sarge we will be late, I accidentally sprained (Y/n)'s ankle by knocking her over." Wreaker said into his com.

"That's fine, just get her back to the ship. We can take care of this." Hunter ordered.

"I'm fine, we can continue on-"

"No buts. Let's get you back to the ship." He said as he went to pick me up again.

I let out a sigh in defeat already knowing it was useless. I wrapped my arms around his neck and laid my head on his shoulder.

"You know.... you're actually comfy." I said softly.

"Thanks. I guess."

I rolled my eyes and felt myself start to fall asleep. When I woke up I was still pressed against Wreaker's chest, but we were on the ship and laying on a couch. I smiled as I snuggled further into his chest. I soon heard the door open and kept my eyes shut tightly.

"You know she has a bedroom." A voice asked.

"Shh, only way I get to be this close to her." Wreaker said softly.

"Why don't you just admit your feelings-"

"She hates me, she could never like me back."

"Wreaker-"

"Tech it's the truth... probably cause of the way I look. I mean who would want a guy that looks like me?"

"Wreaker has a point." Another voice said playfully.

"Crosshair shut up. Listen talk to her... and if she didn't like you... she wouldn't of asked me to team you guys up." Hunter's deep voice said.

I internally groaned as I tried to stay asleep. It was true I had asked to be placed on missions with Wreaker, mostly to keep him and others safe. Not to mention I loved to watch him fight, it was just something about watching him tear into those droids.

"Wait she asked to work with me? Then why act like she hates it?"

"Cause she probably doesn't want you knowing she likes to watch you destroy droids... what I'm not blind. I've caught her looking at you multiple times." Tech said calmly.

Wreaker let out a chuckle and I soon felt him stand up with me in his arms.

"Well I guess I gotta go take her to her room, she might get mad that I'm holding her." Wreaker said as he started to walk towards my room.

When I felt his arms loosen around me and go to sit me down, I tightened my grip. He let out a small laugh and tried to pry my arms away from his neck.

"Don't go." I whispered as I kept my grip on him.

I felt him freeze up and then heard a sigh leave his lips.

"It's Wreaker, don't think you want me staying princess." He said softly.

He got my hands away and then moved to leave but I quickly shot up and grabbed his hand. He turned to look at me and I pulled his hand closer.

"Stay." I said softly.

He nodded his head and I smiled as he laid beside me. I scooted over so he could lay beside me, and he let out a chuckle as I laid my head over his heart. His arms wrapped protectively around me and I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

"I like you too." I whispered before sleep took over my censes.

The next morning I woke up in Wreaker's arms and I smiled softly.