Chapter 1

italics = Korean

Two years later (10 years old)

Olivia's POV

So it has been two years since I came to Korea and to this orphanage.  I still can't speak the language so I am mute to everyone, but I try my best to try and understand what they want me to do. The only time that I really come out is when it is dinner you see my roommate doesn't like me so she locks me in our room until it's time to eat dinner. I don't even go to school because even the head at the orphanage didn't even care because a couple of months when I was first here I saw that she had favorites and since I didn't understand or speak the language the just didn't really talk to me. The other kids there would make fun of me and call me names and of course I could tell that they were making fun of me since they were always laughing at me. So then my roommate would always lock me in our room so no one really knew about me really being there so I never had the chance at the adoption day. Well just like any other day I was just in my room when my roommate came in screaming and all smiling, I knew when she is like that it is adoption day; she was dressing up with too much makeup on she would always look like a clown but I never said that to her face because then she would beat me up as she would always do when she didn't get adopted.

"Don't think of coming down cause no one would want a mute girl." said my roommate as she left and locked the door behind her. 

I already knew this was just going to be just like any other day, so I just put my music in listening to "Scars to your beautiful" by Alessia Cara while crying because I have so many scars on my body from my past and now. Will no one ever love or care for me???  With my music playing, I just sat on my bed thinking but also singing very low cause I didn't want to get in trouble plus no one has ever heard me sing, I know I may be bad but I have nothing this is the only thing I have. So while adoption day was going on just like normal I just wish that maybe this one would be different.