10

It has been a couple weeks since the new, mini pack of five has started to settle in tightly into Seonghwa and Hongjoong's old cabin with the hope that they would all eventually start to think of it as their real home.

Though the home was cramped, they were all willing to make the arrangement work. The cabin only had one bathroom and two real bedrooms. Seonghwa and Hongjoong took up one, while Jongho graciously, and for obvious reasons, gave his away to Yeosang. There was a smaller bonus room connected to the living room, but because it was opened up by a window, there wasn't much privacy. Nontheless, Jongho moved into that space.

"I promise to eventually build on to this old place. I just hadn't had a reason to until now," Hongjoong said apologetically to San, who for now, was camped out on the living room couch. Though, the couch was quite comfy, it was faded and showed it's age. Plus, know one should have to sleep out in the open. "We all deserve to have our own privacy."

San waved the leader off, flashing a grateful smile, one that showed off his dimples. "I understand, and I definitely don't mind for the time being. Whenever you are ready though, I will be more than willing to assist in building the additions." That was San's way of subtly saying he'd love to have his own bedroom with a door, but for now he'd make do.

The pack quickly got into a routine. Hongjoong and San took turns doing perimeter runs, making sure that no one suspicious has stepped foot on the territory. On occassion, Jongho would take his own turn as well. San usually volunteered to take longer turns, which Hongjoong never minded.

The leader was starting to be more and more grateful to have the other Alpha around. Though he believes that he would be capable of taking care of two Beta's and an Omega on his own, the pressure of it can be a bit difficult. The addition of the other Alpha has been extremely helpful.

So far, they have only needed to go on one hunting spree. Hongjoong, San, and Seonghwa decided to go, leaving Jongo and Yeosang at the house. Within a few hours, the trio were able to collect two bucks and a couple wild turkeys, which would be more than enough to feed their entire pack for over a week's amount of time.

Naturally, Seonghwa and Yeosang took over the kitchen, making sure to prepare each of their pack's meals. Yeosang, especially, took pride in this.

Most of the time, Yeosang couldn't help but feel useless. He couldn't assist in perimeter runs and he couldn't go out and hunt because he'd be endangering himself.

In the deepest, darkest places within himself, he felt like he was a burden to all of the people around him. If he wasn't ranked as an Omega, none of them would have to go through the trouble that they all have for him. Those thoughts stirred within him randomly, and when they did, guilt filled his entire spirit.

Especially since he's not been completely open to his rescuers, his family, about everything that's happened to him.

So for now, he made it his duty to keep them all fed and he made sure that he kept their living spaces spotless. It was the least that he could do to repay them for everything they are doing for him. Cleaning was also a perfect distraction from things.

"Hey, are you okay?" This question seems to be Jongho's new favorite or something because he seems to be using it a tremendous amount lately, at least once every day.

Yeosang jumped in reaction, not realizing that the young Beta was behind him while he was washing the dishes from this evening's meal. He almost dropped one of their porcelain plates and it probably would have shattered if he hadn't caught it in time.

"God, don't sneak up on me like that Jongho!" he growled, his nose scrunching in obvious irritation. "Make your presence known sooner or I might have a heart attack!" The tone of his voice showed just how genuinely upset the older was. It was a tad peculiar for the Omega to act this way. Usually, he would have smelled him before he approached anyways, but he seems oddly distracted.