Memories

Chapter fifteen: Memories (Madison's POV)

After I left Julia's room, I didn't go down to have dinner or do anything else for that matter, I just lay in bed. It was now the middle of the night and I couldn't sleep. So I did the most stupid thing I could. I went to Jacob. I knocked on his door softly before peeking my head in. 

He looked at me in confusion. "What happened?" he sat up. I walked in and sat on the edge of the bed. 

"I'm sorry," I sighed. 

"About what?" he asked while ruffling his hair. I was sure that I liked him, after my talk with Julia, I'm not. Again. 

"I'm not sure anymore," I admitted. 

"She confused you?" he pried. I nodded slightly. "Bitch," he mumbled. 

"Hey!" I smacked his leg. 

"You thought it," he rolled his eyes. 

"I didn't say it," I gave him a pointed look. "I need time," I sighed. 

"Take all the time you need," he shrugged. 

"Friends?" I offered. 

"Something like it," he chuckled, making me smile. 

"Night," I stood up to leave. 

"Mads?" I turned to face him. "I was planning on going to my old place tomorrow. Wanna come?" he offered. 

"Sure, what time?" I smiled. 

"After breakfast? A lot of my stuff is still there since nobody bothered to move it before leaving. I wanna bring some of it," he replied.

"Sounds like a plan," I smiled before saying good night and going back to my room, sleeping peacefully even though I fought with my friend. 

Would I choose Jacob? 

~~~~~ 

I groaned when my alarm rang and got out of bed, freshened up and got dressed. I threw on my shoes before going downstairs. Jacob was also up and ready and was making breakfast. 

"Scrambled, hope you like em'," he slid a plate to me across the counter. 

"Perfect," I dug in. It was ten and no one was up. I left a note on the fridge saying we went to move some stuff over and then we left. He was driving in his car so we got in and he drove. We pulled after five minutes and the place was just as good as always on the outside. The inside is where suffocation begins. 

"Come on," he opened the door for me. I stepped out with a small thanks and followed him into the house. We avoided all other areas and went straight to his room. It was cleaner than others because it was locked and when we opened it, a lot of his stuff was still here. 

Photos, awards, some books. "We should start with the secret area under the floorboard," I put my hair in a high ponytail. 

"You know about that?" he looked at in shock. 

"I saw you hiding candy in there," I shrugged while kneeling and lifting the floorboard. He chuckled before kneeling beside me and we began filtering through stuff. This had photos, cards, some toys, and notes that I sent him. "Why do you have these?" I asked in confusion with a small smile. 

"I don't know, probably just put them in there," he shrugged it off and so did I. Once we were done there, we moved to the bookshelf. There were a bunch of books he wanted to take back. 

Some were small photo albums. I was looking through one when a photobooth strip fell out. It was him and me. I remember this. It was a week before he left at someone's party.