Cut short

Chapter twenty-nine: Cut short (Madison's POV)

I woke up to kisses on my cheek and I figured we were at the hotel. I slowly woke up, and sat up, taking Jacob's offered hand to get out of the uber. I heard Nick thank the driver before we grabbed our luggage and entered the hotel. 

Courtyard by Marriott Miami Coconut Grove. Long ass name. It's where we stay every time. 

We walked to the front desk and Riley and I were dead tired. We both grabbed the table for support while the guys got the keys. While we were zoning out, I heard the receptionist confirming if our stay was for a week. "A week? I thought we're here for two?" I asked in confusion. 

"Mom and dad said a week only, they don't want us out too much," Nick shrugged while we headed to the elevator while two bellboys took all our luggage. Nick and Riley were staying on the floor on top of mine and Jacob's. Jacob and I were staying on the tenth floor and Nick and Riley were at the eleventh. 

Jacob led the way, dragging me along. We walked in to see our bags in one corner and the door open for us with the key card in the holder. We got inside and closed the door, both of us falling straight onto the bed, knocking our shoes and bags off. 

"I'm sorry for making you carry me everywhere since the airport, I fell asleep on you there," I huffed while climbing under the covers.

"It wasn't a problem," he shrugged while lying beside me, both of us staring at the ceiling. The room's phone rang and he picked up since it was on his side. "Hello?" he asked. "Do you wanna go for dinner?" he asked while turning to me. 

"No, I'm tired," I shook my head. 

"Not tonight, I think we're gonna knock out," he spoke into the phone so I figured it was Nick. "Cool, night," he said before hanging up. "Yeah, they're not going either," he shook his head before turning the lamp off. 

I slept so much throughout the flight and after that, I just couldn't sleep now. "Jacob?" I whispered. 

"Hmm?" he hummed sleepily. "What's wrong?" he asked while turning the lamp on, sitting up in worry immediately. 

"Nothing," I chuckled while leaning over him and turning it off. 

"You can't sleep, can you?" he sighed while facepalming. 

"That doesn't mean you can't. Go to bed, I'll doze off eventually," I shrugged while running my hand through his hair. 

"Mm-mm," he said in disagreement while pulling me on top of him. 

I knew he wanted to know what Julia was talking about when he saw the text on my phone, but I'm so glad he didn't push it because I don't think I have the heart to tell him what she said. Before the text he saw, she texted me something else which he didn't see while blocking her number. 

She told me he wouldn't fall in love with me because he doesn't love people. It pissed me off to no extent. 

Who the hell is she to say that? Like did I ask for your opinion? No. That's what I thought. 

"Mads, I can see the wheels turning in your head even in this complete darkness. Go to sleep, babe," he said while dozing off. 

"Babe, huh?" I teased. 

He lay me beside him while wrapping his arm around my waist, pulling me against him, my head in the crook of his neck, inhaling his intoxicating scent which put me to bed instantly. 

~~~~~ 

I woke up feeling refreshed and excited for the day. He was still sleeping so I decided to go and freshen up. I came back out to see him stirring. I lay back down beside him but let him sleep.