five- Heath

I hear the rain fall in a steady downpour and think of my sister, how she loved the rain. Loved Aidan. Loved life. It's nice having everyone one here, well everyone but, my sister Ally.

Mere has been supportive of the thing. She knows how it feels I guess, she won't really talk about it. But I can tell she knows what i'm going through. It's realizing that I can never go back, tell her my goodbyes. I'm not the only one in pain though, Aidan saw Ally die, the life leave her body. I remember when it was Cory not Aidan.

The memory comes back with the clap of thunder.

Two years earlier....

"Heath! What did you do?" Ally calls from the kitchen.

"I didn't do anything!" I yell back.

"Then why can't I find it?".

"Cuz your lame".

"I'm the most popular girl in the school!".

I roll my eyes. Why is Ally such a pain? I wish I never had a sister I think.  Ally walks walks into my room slamming the door open. I get up and are argument continues...

"Is it in here?" She questions opening a drawer and digging through it.

"No, I don't have it! Why won't you not listen?".

"Because your such a lier!".

She grabs the necklace off my dresser storming off her high ponytail swaying back and forth. I let out a sigh, she doesn't understand, Cory doesn't even like her, does she know the things he says about her? Of course not she's oblivious.

 I walk down the stairs my backpack over my shoulder. Ally is in the car waiting for me with a pouty face like if she lost the necklace it would be the end of the world. Before I get in the car I grab a glass of orange juice just to get my sister a little more mad.

I get in the car, sitting in the back for a certain reason. We pull up to school and I dump the orange juice over the top of Ally's head, then I get out of the car like its on fire.

"HEATH!" I hear her scream. I just laugh, so worth my stuff getting burned.

Later on when I get home I find that Ally is home with Cory, great. I go up to my room and procrastinate on homework when I hear complaints from my sister. I ignore them until I hear "No, stop, I don't want to!".

I get up making my way down to the basement I stand to the side of the door to ease drop.

"Come on" I hear Cory respond, "You know you want to".

"I don't! Cory stop!".

I walk in. "Leave now" I say a little scared knowing Cory could beat the shit out of me.

"Fine, but I'm dumping you" Cory says to Ally.

I go and sit next to a spooked Ally.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, thanks Heath, even if your a little lyre".

Then Ally hugs me something that NEVER happens between us.

The memory fades and I look out at the rain, its downpour the only thing to keep me from falling apart completely.