Part 8: Get Real!

Mellie texted me the place and I got there an hour early. I saw my wife get off her car and my heart stopped. She's still breathtaking as ever. She wore a peach knee length dress that flaunted her feminine aura. She's also wearing a light make up. She was side by side with Mellie. They entered the place together and as soon as she saw me, she stopped and her eyes watered. She let out a deep sigh and managed to smile at me. She's tough. Really tough.

I offered my hand for a handshake.

"It's been a long time, my wife."I offered my hand for a handshake and said "It's been a long time, my wife."

--- MY POV ---

Mellie and I are on our way to meet Kim Junmyeon. I still don't know how things will go this time. Its been a long time since I last saw him. My only prayers are for this things to be over smoothly. I want to get this done and over with.

I am so sleepy right now, I barely made it to dream land last night because of nervousness. But I need to get my head straight on with this one.

"He's inside already" Mellie said, breaking the silence.

"Okay. Lets go then." I told her, hiding my nervousness.

I saw him as soon as I entered the place. He was still dashingly handsome, he aged like a fine wine. All our good memories came rushing back at me and my eyes begin to water. I need to held it in. So I brushed those thoughts away and let out a deep sigh and continue to walk towards him.

"It's been a long time, my wife." He said and offered his hand for a handshake.

I was surprised by him being so shameless. Calling me his wife after a long time gives me chills. We're not even in good terms for him to act that way. I just gave him a crooked smile and sit. Why is this jerk acting so cool? I'm annoyed more than ever.

"So what are we here for?" The arrogance grrrrr

"We need to talk about our Annulment Kim Junmyeon. Its been 6 years and we practically don't even live that long together, I think it'll be granted to us."

"If that's what you want." He said nonchalantly, and sipped from his drink.
I rolled my eyes. What do I expect from this asshole.

"If that's the case, then we're good." I told him. He nodded.

"But I can't do the Annulment now, you know, we've been promoting our concert tour and we'll release an album soon, if it leaks now, it'll be a bad thing for EXO."

So his concerns were still the same. Still his career.

"So what are you suggesting?"

"Can we postpone it until next year? Before I start my military service?"

"That long?"

"For now, lets just plan ahead our strategy. We need a separate lawyer. The judge should never get at least a hint that we are helping each other through this annulment." He stopped and looked intently at me "But, how are you? You're still pretty."

What a jerk. I rolled my eyes. Does he really think that I will still fall for his sweet remarks?

"Oh thank you, you also look dashing. But as the saying goes, looks can be very deceiving. I've learned this from my experience." I counter-attacked. 

This jerk is playing on me. And this whole meeting is a battle of composure. I can't loose this one.

"I see you're still best friends with Mellie, how are you, Mellie?" He smiled at my friend while she rolled her eyes, not even answering his question.