Part 1: Scars

"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love." 

- Mother Teresa

They say that love is lovelier the second time around... and so is heartbreak. It is more painful and more devastating being broken twice, by the same person. But what hurts more, is knowing that in the deepest part of yourself, nothing changes, it's still love, no matter how deep and ugly that person had scarred you...

--------------------------------

My POV

"Ms. (Your Name)?" Grab Driver

"Ah Yes." I hurriedly answered and rode the car.

While waiting for my Grab driver, my mind was a mess. Time heals all wound, they say. Sometimes, I felt like my heart is healed, I feel fine and okay. But hearing the news and seeing articles about it this morning, I realized, that I'm still, the same old fragile 19 y/o girl. I was in my deep thoughts when my phone rang. It was my bestfriend, Mellie.

"Hey girl, are you okay?" Mellie

"I'm fine, I guess. Why did you call?" I said as I try to hide my real feelings.

"I saw the article, they're having a concert here on August"

"Saw it too, its all over the net. I told you, I'm fine, its no biggie. Of course they'll comeback here coz they're Kpop Idols."

"But..."

"I'm fine. Its been years, I gotta go. Bye"

I ended the call as my eyes begin to water. We were talking about the Kpop Kings, EXO.

While PHIXOS (PH EXO-ls) celebrate whenever it is announced that an Exo Planet Concert will be held in the Philippines, its different for me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the boys with all my heart, and I've been an EXO-L for years now, but only few people knows it. But I've always publicly announced that I like Do Kyungsoo because of his dramas and movies. But I never mentioned that I stan him the most in EXO since I'm hiding the fact that I like the group. What people know is that I love watching dramas.

Like most EXO-Ls, I am also excited to have them back in the country. But memories from the past are also creeping in my heart whenever they're here. I am voting for them, buying merch, lighstick and other stuff. I support them as how an EXO-L should do.

"Maam nandito na po tayo. (Ma'am, we've reached our destination.)" I was still in a messy thought when I heard the Grab Driver.

"Ah, yes. Sorry" I said as I immediately get out of the car.

"Get yourself together!" I murmured while entering the elevator. I want to slap myself for being so "kalat" and unorganized since this morning.

I am a co-owner of an Event Management Firm.

"Good morning Ma'am" I nodded as I heard Manong guard's greeting.

I was in the middle of preparing my stuff when my secretary checked on me before entering my room with a client.

"Hi Hija. Long time no see." The client as she happily hugged and kissed me.

"Tita Anj" an awkward smile formed my lips.

"How are you, darling? Its been so long. I can see that your firm is still doing so good. How long has it been na nga since you left Korea? 5-6 yrs. And, oh, I almost forgot, how are things with you and MM? Are you still together?"

"We broke up..." I replied almost in a whisper.

Tita Anj. My sunny landlady in Korea. She took the role of being my mother while I was in Korea. She knows everything about me and MM, except for who this MM is. All she know is that, MM is an SM Entertainment staff.

"Its really nice to see you darling." She looked at me fondly as she continued. "Before I forgot, I am here as a client not as your tita. Hahahaha. You still remember Dianne, my youngest? She's so much into Kpop nowadays. Its her 18th birthday soon and she want is an EXO themed party. I wanna give her something extraordinary on her birthday eh, and I remember that you have connections in SM Entertainment right? I mean MM, your ex or whatever. My baby Dianne would really be so happy if you could get her message greetings from EXO."

"But tita, we broke up 6 years ago. I don't have any contact with him since I left Korea". I said firmly as I was shaking my head.

"I wanna give my baby the best birthday gift, you know, with the condition of her heart, I could loose her anytime.."

I sighed. Tita Anj began sobbing.

The door suddenly opened and my little secretary proudly says:

"Ms. (YN), flowers from MM. The ever persistent MM. Ayieeeh. Oops sorry."

Tita Anj's face lit up upon hearing MM's name, as if an angel had shown up, and she yelled "Yes! You can do it, can't you?"

I picked up the note on the flower that says "Joesonghamnida. Jeongmal Joesonghamnida. - From MM" (I am sorry. I am really sorry - From MM.)

I've been receiving the very same flower and note every single day since 2013. I was about to throw the bouquet on the trash bin when I saw another note that says in English, "I think I'm going crazy". With that, memories of yesterday came flooding to me, and as Tita Anj's eyes starts to pressure me with her gaze.

"I'll try my best tita."

And she left happily after we have exchanged our numbers, while I was left alone, still contemplating whether to call the guy or not.

After almost an hour...

"Hello Mellie, can you do me a favor? Please help me contact MM."

"MM? You mean, Kim Junmyeon? Are you sick or something?"

"Yes. MM, My Myeonie. Kim Junmyeon."

-------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:Hello EXO-Ls! Please give this short story a try 😊

Will update again tomorrow 😁