Part 9: Begin Again

"Kim Junmyeon, why do I still want to say yes to your proposition? You are a wrecking ball, ready to destroy me again. But why is it that my heart skipped its beat when you told me to start over? Is it possible to hate and miss someone this much?

I've got no time to waste. I run to our room. I'm not letting you go this time dear wife. Not now, not ever..

I run as fast as I could. This was such a surprise. My wife, as cold as ice, who doesn't seem to care for me at all, still has feelings for me. I would do everything in my power, to be able to hold her in my arms once again.

I was about to go inside her room via connecting door, when I heard a loud cry. I opened the door and saw my wife sobbing and crying her heart out again. I saw some cans of beer on the table beside her.

My heart broke into a million of pieces. This was what I hated the most. Seeing her cry. I have been trying to suppress my feelings for her for the past 6 years because I never wanted to inflict her pain again. But as soon as I decided that I want to take her back, she once again, cried rivers of tears.

I silently closed her door, and just let her cry her heart out. My adrenaline dropped to the lowest. All I wanted was to make her happy again, but my presence in her life alone is enough to bring tears to her eyes. I need to decide now..

As the saying goes, If you truly love the person, you should set her free. I realized now that trying to get back to her life is a stupid and selfish thing. I should've been contented loving her from afar.. Because of trying to win her back, the distance between us grew wider.

I'll stop from here. This will be the last time that I want to see her cry. If letting her go means her happiness, and if her happiness would mean my disappearance from her life, so be it. Sure, this will be the death of me.. But I'll bear it.

After nearly 5 minutes, I can still hear her sobbing. I've made up my mind to let her go now. I'll leave the Villa and will not let her see me, it might worsen her state.

I saw one of the caretakers of the Villa and bid her farewell.

"Something urgent came up. I'll be on my way now. Will there any available transportation outside? Taxi perhaps?"

"I'm sorry sir but you need to walk quite long to reach the main road to ride a taxi."

"How long?"

"About 10 km"

"Oh. That was quite far. Is it safe to walk here?"

"Do you want me to wake Ms. (Y/N) up? So that she can drive you to the main road?"

"No don't bother, I can manage. You see, I love walking." I joked in the middle of our conversation.

It will be a long walk so I asked for a bottle of water. After that I headed out of the Villa. Since its already night time, the streets are empty, even the fans who followed us were no longer there.

"It's time to go back to your miserable life, Kim Junmyeon."

---------------------

My POV

I woke up in the middle of the night with puffy eyes. I let out a deep sigh as soon as I recalled what happen between me and Junmyeon.

The guy unbelievably asked me if we can be together again. I knew from the very start that he just wanted me back because some other guy was giving me attention.

But it was more maddening to feel this way. After what he told me, I felt.. confused. All these years, I'm quite sure that all I have for him was hatred. I hated him for losing the baby and for ruining my life.