Chapter 6 - Surprise Visits

Gosh, I'm so tired. I think as I wake up to a faint rhythmic thumping.

I grumble incoherent words and look at my phone to see what time it is. My eyes widen as they land on the time that reads 11:56 a.m. That is very strange for me since not once have I woken up later than 9:30. I was up all night thinking about what happened with that asshole.

I get up with an irritated grumble and make my way to the door that I recognized as the rhythmic thumping. I grab my step ladder and look into the peephole. My eyes widen at my asswhole neighbor. I jump off the step ladder and kick it to the side. I quickly dash to my bathroom and proceed to hastily brush my teeth, brush my hair, then wash my face. After I'm done, I go back to open the door while smoothing my hair down. I open the door with a polite smile.

He looked as sexy as ever. He was wearing his work uniform. Men wearing uniforms are always sexy, but he rocks his uniform like he is in a commercial. I would definitely love that commercial. I look at his face and he looks irritated. I frown.

"Hello." I say politely.

"Your mail." he grumbles and sticks his hand forward.

I smile. "Thank you."

"Whatever." he grumbles and turns around to walk away.

I really want to know what's up with this guy so I grab his arm before he can get away. "Hey, come in for coffee." I offer.

He grumbles things under his breath. "No thank you."

He tries to walk away again. "Please."

He grumbles more things under his breath and makes his way inside. He slams his self down on a seat by the counter. I smile triumphantly and go to make us both a cup of coffee. I won't be drinking mine though because I just brushed my teeth. After I finish making our coffees, I bring it over to him and sit next to him. He immediately takes a sip and sighs. I smile. We both take our coffee the same. Plenty of milk and plenty of sugar and vanilla flavor.

"Sooo..." I trail off.

He glares at me. "What do you want from me? Wouldn't your boyfriend be mad that I'm here, anyway?" he questions then scoffs at the end as if he is irritated by me doing such a thing.

My eyebrows knit together in confusion. "What boyfriend?"

He glares a very angry glare at me. "The guy that you went to pick your car out with."

I stare at him in disbelief for a few seconds before bursting out into loud fits of laughter. "You think my father is my boyfriend? Oh man, this is gold. I'm so telling him." I say between my laughter.

"You know what..." I hear him say and he gets up to leave.

I pull him back down. "I'm sorry for laughing, but it's funny." I say with a smile on my face.

"Whatever. So, what do you what from me?"

My face straightens from his question. "I don't want anything from you. I just want to know what's up with you."

"What do you mean?"

"Are you a psycho?"

He jumps up out of the chair and grips my arms tightly and gets in my face. "Don't you ever call me that again. You got that?"

He was gripping me really tight. I know I was going to have bruises. I whimper. "You're hurting me."

He grips me tighter. Tears start to fall from the pain. "You got it?" he hisses.