chapter 8 The Game

Hey you guys sorry it has been taking me forever to update. I have been really busy anyway heres the update hope you like it.

Harry lifted his eyes in a manner as if he knew what happened.

"Dakota i know bruises when I see one, who did this?" Harry said with an edge in his voice.

"Harry its nothing. I'm fine." I said looking down wondering if i should tell him.

"Dakota please tell me. It can be between us if you want it to be." he said sympethicaly.

"Just some girls in the locker room, they don't like me." i said still looking down almost ashamed.

"Dakota what did they do?" the edge in his voice came back as almost as a caring instinct overcame him.

"I don't want to drag you into it Harry. I can deal with it."

"But Dakota I-" he was cut off by my coach, Mrs.Harper's whistle calling us over to talk about the game.

"I'm sorry Harry, just forget about it." I said walking away getting my head in the game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Game~~~~~~~~~~~

Mrs.Harper started out with

"Alright girls we are going to have Addison, Summer, Tracy, Katie, Stacie and Dakota in first. Addison, Summer, and Tracy your in first row.in that order. Then Katie, Dakota and stacie back row in that order lets do a cheer and rock and roll!" We all did a cheer and headed out to the gym floor. The crowd was screaming so loud.  I headed to my home base, middle back. I glanced to the bleachers searching for my family, their spots were empty. "of course." I mumbled. I looked to the far right corner at the server doing her routine. Tap tap tap hit. I mentality said lowering myself lower into ready position. I wad trying to forget about how Stacie and Katie where glaring at me. I saw the ball fly over the net to Stacie's spot as she still glared at me. "Stacie!" I screamed trying to bring her to reality. As she look forward the ball was landing in front of her. I didn't know what to do other than take a chance and dive for it. I flung myself to the ball trying to save it. But instead of hitting it I felt a sharp pain into my right side of my body. Then falling to the ground i let out a scream. I looked to the right to find the ball bouncing to the side of the court. I turned forward seeing the rest of my team coming to the right side of the court. I tried getting up but to find that my leg was gushing dark red liquid. Katie and Stacie smiled in satisfaction. Then I relized what they did.