I'm pretty sure I got terminated from my job. Dr. Smith had to follow protocol and report me for suspected drug use because of the clinical environment we work in. So here I am waiting for the drug test results to come back in a few days.

I'm so stupid. I walked out of the house with the strong smell of loud on me. I can't believe I've done this so many times and this is the first time I'm suffering the consequences. This is really going to hurt my career and it will follow me for the rest of my life. Who knows what's going to happen when I get back to college in the fall. I've really messed up and I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for this.

It's 12:30am. My mom still isn't home. She's always at work or out partying late. I know she won't be home tonight.

I call my boyfriend, Kamari. He picks up after two rings.

"Hey baby, how was your day?" He says in his sleepy voice. I feel bad for calling him and bothering him.

"It was okay." My voice shakes a little.

"Baby, talk to me. I know you're not okay."

"No no I'm fine. It just wasn't the best day."

"Avery I know you aren't fine. You think I'm stupid or sum? Nah. I'm coming over right now."

"Okay." I hold back tears.

"I'll text you when I'm outside baby girl."

My boyfriend is the sweetest. He's very hood but very attentive to me especially when he knows I'm down. He doesn't know that I've been smoking weed, let alone doing other drugs like cocaine. I'm scared of his reaction. He's gonna be pissed the fuck off.

20 minutes later Kamari calls to let me know he's outside and I run down the stairs to the door. I look a mess. My curls are all over the place and I'm wearing my grey oversized Adidas hoodie and a pair of fitted athletic Nike shorts.

I open the door and see Kamari walking up the driveway. He's 21 years old, 6'2, muscular, dark skinned, has dimples, tattoos, and a nice smile. His hair is freshly cut into a low afro with a fade and his curls are showing. He's wearing grey nike shorts with a short sleeved white tee and black and white Jordan 11's. My baby is fineeeee.

I open the door when he gets to the top of the steps and he comes in the house. I lock the door. He grabs me by the waist and picks me up. He wraps my legs around his waist and looks up at me.

"Hey mamas." He kisses me lightly and squeezes my butt.
I giggle. He always makes me feel safe. "Hey baby."

"Now that's what I wanna hear, your laugh. But I know something happened that has you upset right now. I could hear it in your voice. You can't fake it with me Ave."

"Can we go up to my room and talk about it?"

"Of course." He carries me up to my room, holding me tightly.

We sit on my bed facing each other. I feel like I can't even look at him and tell him this. A single tear rolls down my cheek. I sit on Kamari's lap while he holds me and I tell him everything about what happened at work yesterday. He looks really disappointed.

By now I can barely speak beacause of all the tears coming down my face.

"I'm sorry Kamari. I-"

He cuts me off. "I'm just mad you ain't tell me. Baby I'm here for you. It's my fault for not checking on you more often. You just lost your best friend since kindergarten. We're gonna get you through this I promise." He holds me and wipes my tears with tissue.

"No it's my fault for not being able to handle all of this. You would think that I would know how to cope by now from losing Granny and Travis but this hurts Kamari. Losing Myla hurts so bad and I just feel guilty that I'm still here and she isn't."

Travis is my brother. He was 3 years older than me and he died 2 years ago from a gunshot wound.

"Baby it's never easy. Losing people you love is hard. But doing drugs is never the way out. You know how many of my bros I've seen overdose? I've seen what it does to people and their families. I can't lose you. I love you way too much Avery. And from now on I'm gonna be stopping by and checking up on you way more."

"You don't have to do that Kamari, I'm going to be fine. The pain is just fresh and I've only done it a few times. I'm not an addict."

"Ave. What I say? I'm not gonna let you keep smoking weed and doing cocaine. It's not happening on my watch." He says sternly.

"Okay Kamari." I say lightly. I look away from him.

"Aye look at me." He grabs my face and makes me look in his direction. "I love you."

I look into his eyes. "I love you too Kamari."

I sit up on his lap, straddling him and hugging him. He looks down at me and runs his hands down my waist to my thighs and squeezes them. He kisses my lips and I start to feel weak.

He starts tongue kissing me and slides his hand down in my panties. By then I'm letting out little whimpers against his lips and I know he's loving it. Kamari was my first kiss and he took my virginity 4 months after we started dating. He's my first love. I feel very comfortable around him even though I'm shy. I really hope this is the man I marry.

"Kamari," I breathe.

"You want me?" He says.

"Yes."

Before I know it, all our clothes are off and he's pulling out a condom. He starts making love to me and it feels so good.

He finishes and we're tired, cuddled up to each other naked. I run my fingers against his chest, feeling his six pack. He kisses my forehead.

"Can we take a shower?" I say.

"Yeah baby girl." He says, and after a second he smirks.

"What?" I poke him in the stomach, smiling.

"I just like seeing your body." He bites his lip and smiles.

I hit him in the arm. "Maybe we should take separate showers then." I smile.

He pulls me closer to him and squeezes me. "Nooo," He says, kissing me all over my face.

"Thought so." I say.

He gets up to go get some extra clothes from his car. I look at my phone to check the time. It's 2am and I'm really sleepy now. My mom texted me to let me know she'd be home by 11am and that she was sorry.
Kamari came back in the house and we took a nice hot shower. I put on a big t-shirt and my panties and hopped in the bed with him.

"Thank you for coming over tonight and being with me. It made me feel better." I say.

"I would do anything for you, you know that Avery. You're my girlfriend this is my job. Imma help you get through this princess. I love you." He kisses my cheek.

"I love you so much." I feel a tear running down my face and Kamari wipes it away.

"Baby please don't cry. I love you way way more. Now get some rest. I'm not leaving you." He holds me tight and starts playing in my hair. I start to drift off into a deep sleep.