43. Hell breaks loose

I look at the stone pathway as I take slow steps forward. I stop when I see someone standing in front of me. Lifting up my eyes I look at a pair of gray eyes the same as Eleandro's.

Suzzane.

"Are you happy now?" She says softly.

"W-Wh--"I try to say something but it's like my mind is not able to process anything.

"Are you happy now that my son is dead?" she shouts which grabs the attention of other people present there.

I look around me. People in black. People carrying flowers. People looking with pity in their eyes.

"No. NO." My hands start shaking and my breathing becomes shallow.

"Liar. It's because of your lies that brother is dead. You killed him." Jenna comes in front of me and says.

My knees give up as I fall on the stone-ground.

"He loved you but you killed him," says Tyler as he comes out of the crowd of people.

"I loved him too." I choke out between sobs.

"Lies. Just like you lied you were his fiance." Suzzane shouts as she starts crying too.

My vision starts blurring as I can't breathe. I try to focus my eyes on something but it's too hard. I can just see the shadow of people gathering around me with their accusing finger pointing out at me.

I scream and cover my face with my surprisingly wet and sticky hands. Removing it from my face I glance at it to see it covered in blood.

Someone grabs me by my shoulder and shouts in my ears 'It's because of your lies Eleandro is dead.' and it was the last blow before my eyes open with a jolt.

I look at Suzzane sitting on the bedside with her hands on my shoulder and a concerned expression on her face. I look around at the white walls of the hospital and the loudly beeping machines.

I calm my breathing and try to tell myself that it was just a nightmare and none of it is real but still tears start trailing down my cheeks.

"E-Eleandro?" I speak. My voice is hoarse but that doesn't matter right now.

"He is in the operation theater. Lots of blood loss and chance on internal damage of organs." Suzzane speaks and I notice the bags under her eyes. Mr. Keaton must have called her here. Thankfully she was in Manchester or else coming from New York to London in such a short notice would have been worse.

Looking at the mess that now I have become Suzzane hugs me and tries to comfort me. "It's okay, honey. It was just a bad dream."

I can't take it anymore. I can't lie to her anymore. I start sobbing hard thinking about what Suzzane will think about me after I will tell her about the contract. It will break her heart but it's the right thing to do. I can only look her in the eyes if I come honest in front of her.

"I'm sorry. It's my mistake that Eleandro is in the hospital." I manage to speak out.

"No honey don't blame it on yourself. It's not your mistake." She says while rubbing my back. The concern in her eyes makes me want to jump out of the window because of guilt.

"You don't know the truth. I'm not Eleandro's fiance. I just met him a few days before we came to New York." I choke out. Suzzane looked at me with pursed lips.

She didn't interrupt me in between or even asked me any questions she just listened, listened while I told her everything from how he saved me from the goons and then asked me to return the favor to how Jaxson came and attacked me, leaving the BDSM contract part.

By the time I finished, she had unshed tears in her eyes. I knew I have messed up things but now an invisible weight lifted up my shoulders.

"Do you love him?" she asks with a heavy voice.

I look at her shocked. I expected her to shout at me, curse me or even slap me but the understanding apart from the pain wasn't something I thought in my wildest dreams.

"Yes. I do." I say frantically.

"Then this conversation never happened. Both of us will forget about it and never speak of it again when Eleandro returns," she says in a tone of finality. "I don't want Eleandro to know that I am aware of your...deal."

I nod but dare ask, "Why?"

She looks at me with a sad smile on her face. "I know my son. He wouldn't like it if he comes to know that you told me things even when he told you not to. Also, it's better if Jenna doesn't know about it. She has a hard time trusting people but when she does it's better people don't break it."

I understand her point. I remember when I first met Jenna how she regarded me. I know she has trust issues because of her father's role in her life.

My mind goes back to Eleandro who is admitted in the operation theater. When does life thinks it is okay to turn the table when you're happiest you have ever been?

I train of thoughts stop when someone knocks on the door and then two cops come in.

The two cops greet us and then ask me about everything that happened. Since the hospital had already called the police I just needed to give my statements. There were too many witnesses to what happened at the party so there is no way that Jaxson can now run away.

I tell them everything and by everything, I don't just mean about the incident that happened at the party. I told them about Xavier. About Red house and about everything that goes on there.

The cops nod and show me a file. "Mr. Salvis was already informing us about everything that was going on in that place. We were just waiting for some more proof before we could take that place down. Now that we have clear evidence against Jaxson we can do it. Thank you for your time, Ms. Daphne." One of the cop says and then leaves.

I can't believe Eleandro was planning to take down Xavier on his own. Now it all makes sense why Jaxson all of the sudden came to attack me.

Suzzane's phone starts ringing. "It's Jenna. The operation must have ended, that is why she must be calling," she says with a nervous gulp and then picks up the phone.

And the next second hell broke loose.

Vote • Comment • Follow